grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Well, ya see, I'm also taking my mom with me.  And the tickets are gonna be more like $15 since I'll be seeing it in Cinemark XD, and if it doesn't come there, then I'll still be seeing it in 3D anyway.

So how about we go $30?

30 BUCKS!!!

fce897effcecb03a693a4c1b0679a53f.gif

10 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

The INCREDIBLES 2 is simply over 10 years too late and really, nothing is going to touch INFINITY WAR: A Culmination of how many MARVEL movies to get to this point??? It's going to have a shit load of Superheroes along with the GOTG added to the mix, so no way this loses to any movie next year, not even MEG will beat this, but it'll be close..

:wintf:

44 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm glad that worked out for you but some guys have resentment and commitment issues because they settled down too early so my advice was more male-centric.

I know a few guys who were promiscuous for almost a decade but became great fathers and husbands because they learned to appreciate the limitations of a selfish, hedonist lifestyle and realized how rewarding family life can be by contrast.

Some guys have to get their fantasies out of their system before they can become happily grounded in reality.

I can only advise people based on my own experiences and after traveling the world, experimenting with soft drugs and having sex with dozens of women, I can safely say I'm glad I did those things BEFORE I became a loyal husband and father.

Those experiences gave me a broader perspective and a certain amount of wish fulfillment needed to completely close that chapter of my existence and I can happily and confidently do so because I conquered those demons and mountains already.

Like I said, I'm glad your way worked for you but I know I wouldn't be as happy if I married a church girl and had kids during my early adulthood. I needed to explore/discover some things about the world and myself first.

My spouse was the grad student (so he has me by 3 years:), so he had sewn some wild oats...funny enough, if you ask him his one regret in life, it would be that he did sew those oats - I tell him, why regret it?  It made you who you are.  And who you are was perfect for me:)...

When I met him in college at a Halloween costume party (with some drinking of some hard stuff that won't be mentioned b/c not all may have been of age), my friends (both male and female) warned me away from him b/c he was a "player."  He managed to get that rep in just 2 months of dating and discarding undergrads:).  But I knew me, and knowing yourself and being confident in yourself and your choices is important.  I wasn't one to fall for guys "plays"...I fell for the guy himself once he was the right one:)...made a few guys sad over the years, but made myself (and my current spouse) the happiest in the end:)... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Infinity War is just another Marvel sequel. It will not win the year.

Dory kicked Civil War last year and The Incredibles 2 will win the summer.

Finding Nemo =/= The Incredibles

Cap 3 =/= Avengers 3

Finding Nemo and Avengers are bigger franchises than both Captain America and The Incredibles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

Yeah right after GOGT2 made $380m

Well see how stand-alone Wonder Woman is handily beating Bat+Sup+Wonder Woman. So sometimes less is more. But I too don't think Avengers will fall below 400.

IW will be over CW since this time it has all of the Avengers and potentially characters like Strange and Guardians and Thanos which will help attract more people. But it's locked to do under Ultron. I think like CW most of the GA will flock OW to see it giving it something like $200M-$210M OW but then collapse and do $430M-$450M.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'm thinking Infinity War goes sub-400m actually.

I don't know if it will fall under 400m or not, but it won't beat Ultron. I think there is a CBM fatigue in the sense that the ceiling has been reached. They still draw massive numbers, but unless there's an ultra new gimmick to them, they won't go over 500m. 

Also, I soooo doubt The Incredibles is making over 400m. It might be the most overpredicted movie I've seen around here in a while.

Deadpool will likely end up around the same as the first one, maybe a bit higher. JW should easily win the year, DOM/OS and WW (with around 1.3B or so).

Also, question for anyone who knows: will MEG be a big budget movie like JW? Or a cheap horror flick. I want to make a prediction for that.

7 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'm thinking Infinity War goes sub-400m actually.

An SM2 from SM1 like decrease will give it 335. I don't think DP2 can do much better than that.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Finding Nemo =/= The Incredibles

Cap 3 =/= Avengers 3

Finding Nemo and Avengers are bigger franchises than both Captain America and The Incredibles.

Civil War was Avengers 3 in all honesty. And the GA saw it as that.

Just now, YourMother said:

IW will be over CW since this time it has all of the Avengers and potentially characters like Strange and Guardians and Thanos which will help attract more people. But it's locked to do under Ultron. I think like CW most of the GA will flock OW to see it giving it something like $200M-$210M OW but then collapse and do $430M-$450M.

I don't see how adding Strange or the guardians is more of a hook than literally the two most popular avengers "fighting" each other

• Like 1