grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao, it didn't come out of nowhere. I was expecting 350M, and many thought it could've hit 400 or went below the first. The range was big on that.

the point still remains. Why can't WW2 increase in similar fashion to GOTG2

Just now, titanic2187 said:

perhaps is due to the weaker than expected performance from transformer 5, and no other major film is opening this week, meaning much more bigger space than expected for holdovers.

It could be a bit of this although certain movies that have zero crossover audience with TF5 also increased huge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

the point still remains. Why can't WW2 increase in similar fashion to GOTG2

Thinking an increase from HG1 to CF is in order.

• Like 2

If nothing movies next May/June is shaping up like May/June 2007 - everything is pretty huge, but disappoints compared to reasonable expectation. Also like May 2007, I think everything (minus Incredibles 2) might suck.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Thinking an increase from HG1 to CF is in order.

this makes mucho sense

Just now, That One Guy said:

Will Han stan for THE EMOJI MOVIE out of desperation to see WONDER WOMAN fail?  Tune in next week on DESPERATE MRA'S to find out!

his snapchat story foreshadowed this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Will Han stan for THE EMOJI MOVIE out of desperation to see WONDER WOMAN fail?  Tune in next week on DESPERATE MRA'S to find out!

Nah he'll embrace his inner Marvelite and Stan for Homecoming since he's also a MRA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

If nothing movies next May/June is shaping up like May/June 2007 - everything is pretty huge, but disappoints compared to reasonable expectation. Also like May 2007, I think everything (minus Incredibles 2) might suck.

I wonder if Incredibles 2 might disappoint. It's been a long, long time since the last one, after all.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It could be a bit of this although certain movies that have zero crossover audience with TF5 also increased huge. 

well, then it maybe because of it's summer time!! and given so much awful movie released recently, and all of them scored bad in RT, people just give up their patience for waiting a good movie to come, they just walk in and watch whatever it shows.....

Just now, Telemachos said:

In that case, I think SM1 -> SM2 is an excellent example. I expect a similar decline for WW.

I think a small decline or stay flat but it depends on when it's release, it'll do more on OW but be more frontloaded. I imagine the OS numbers will increase

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Finding Nemo =/= The Incredibles

Cap 3 =/= Avengers 3

Finding Nemo and Avengers are bigger franchises than both Captain America and The Incredibles.

Alright gir. We shall see.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if Incredibles 2 might disappoint. It's been a long, long time since the last one, after all.

I think it will. I also think that given how ehhhh MU and Finding Dory were, we shouldn't be convinced it'll be that good either.

I'm about to start a bold club: None of the big five of next summer (Avengers, Solo, Deapool, JW2, Incredibles) hits 400. I think JW, Solo, and Avengers all do around 380. Incredibles and Deadpool do around 300.

Just now, grim22 said:

@WrathOfHan - due to complaints received from multiple users, you are being threadbanned from this weekend thread until further notice.

WAIT HOLY SHIT LMAO WHAT.

(he's fun to have around tbh cause then we can have someone to pick on when we get frustrated, keep him plz)

• Like 5