Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

5 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

We've all been wrong before (and will be again). But what I can't stand is an outright shit-talker like that.

Just don't be a jackass about it and nobody will act that way to you when/if you are wrong.

Recently, a few people dug up my years old post saying WW would flop and Gadot was a terrible pick.

I thought it was hilarious. :rofl:

Who wants to be right all the time? Talk about boring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

2017 is turning out to be like 2011. 

Pixar sequel won the previous year, everything animated in 2011 disappointed at the box office. Also included a Cars sequel. Odd. 

Me and @narniadis called it.

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

Oh bo-wise I have no doubt it will do insane. Just thinking reception wise.

They need to add something new (and good of course) to the remake. BatB felt like a copy of the original which bothered many people. Lion King should avoid that, mabye explore the universe a bit more, add exciting storylines or create new characters (without deviating too much from the original). It needs to be more than just "Lion King - but live-action" imo.

• Like 1

I can see I2 setting the world on fire. Apart from being a Pixar animation, that it crosses into CBM/Spy territory were the family as an ensemble of SH pulls it off is just most suitable for modern box office blockbuster setting. Those kiddies who saw it now must be grown up and looking at it so much more than 'just' and animation and will want to watch I2 with new eyes. It will be totally 4 quadrant with Mom, dad, bro, sis each contributing to one or more demographics.

• Like 2

Yes I have been acting like a Wonder Woman loony and being too hyper vigilant about this interesting but unimportant topic I'll admit. I just have a pet peeve about even perceived goal post moving when it comes to box office. 

I'll do better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

in these instances, i find it best to calculate the Sunday/Friday ratio from 2006 instead of going by Saturday drops.

in this case, sunday wil be higher than friday by about 10%(for holdovers), even higher for animation.....

There's nothing wrong with being way off on a prediction but you always have to eat some Crow If you are incorrect. I'm not saying anybody here has done this but no one likes it when people make outlandish statements throw up predictions that they end up being wrong about and then never mention it once ever again. That happened a lot back in the day with The Hobbit films.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes I have been acting like a Wonder Woman loony and being too hyper vigilant about this interesting but unimportant topic I'll admit. I just have a pet peeve about even perceived goal post moving when it comes to box office. 

I'll do better.

It's not a big deal LOL. You love the movie and your passion is evident. But Wonder Woman could literally get pulled from theaters right now and it would be a massive success and it will probably have done more then 80% of the people here thought it would. And that includes me.

And just think of how fortunate you are to support a movie that's doing fantastic at the box office. I am a Transformers Looney and I have to live this everyday lol I have to read people's thoughts and insults and watch them laugh every day. So yeah boo hoo for me LOL

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Chaz said:

2017 is turning out to be like 2011. 

Pixar sequel won the previous year, everything animated in 2011 disappointed at the box office. Also included a Cars sequel. Odd. 

or minor 2014, 2014's animation box office was ok due to lego movie and BH6, but summer was a huge dismal, HTTYD2 was the biggest grosser with only $177m

How my theater looks:

DM3's 2D showings are still selling great, but people aren't settling for the front row like yesterday and Friday. 3D showings are down even more from yesterday.

Baby Driver looks pretty even from yesterday. It's getting the second biggest auditorium at night from Cars now, and that split is remaining there for the rest of the week.

The House is down a lot from yesterday, but the first show isn't for another 70-80 minutes.

WW is down about 10 seats from yesterday morning.

The first 2D and 3D showings of Transformers have sold quite a bit, but the rest of the day looks pretty empty.

Cars and POTC seem pretty flat from yesterday.

47 Meters is waaaaaaaay down from yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

They need to add something new (and good of course) to the remake. BatB felt like a copy of the original which bothered many people. Lion King should avoid that, mabye explore the universe a bit more, add exciting storylines or create new characters (without deviating too much from the original). It needs to be more than just "Lion King - but live-action" imo.

But nostalgia is the life blood of these live action remakes.

But I think The Jungle Book was a nice compromise between the two and a good template.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did you tell him to fuck off and never come back or so help him, God? :jeb!: 

No.

He just disappeared when it looked like WW had a shot at 400.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's not a big deal LOL. You love the movie and your passion is evident. But Wonder Woman could literally get pulled from theaters right now and it would be a massive success and it will probably have done more then 80% of the people here thought it would. And that includes me.

And just think of how fortunate you are to support a movie that's doing fantastic at the box office. I am a Transformers Looney and I have to live this everyday lol I have to read people's thoughts and insults and watch them laugh every day. So yeah boo hoo for me LOL

Yeah no denying that Transformers fans have it the worst out of everyone.

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

or minor 2014, 2014's animation box office was ok due to lego movie and BH6, but summer was a huge dismal, HTTYD2 was the biggest grosser with only $177m

I forgot all about HTTYD2.

That franchise ran outta gas pretty quick compared to something like Despicable Me with will see at least two more sequels.

I liked How to Train Your Dragon but I don't think that it was in the upper tier for animation for me. Honestly after hearing all the raves for years I was a little bit disappointed.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1