Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

Just now, Nova said:

Hope to see ya then! Although by the time you get here I will be gone. 

But if you have any questions about the process or anything, hit me up! 

I will. I want to be a pediatrician.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Wonder Woman had a $26m week internationally. So with legs and Japan, $400m internationally is doable. 

I think it'll finish around $780m worldwide. Which is insane.

Think what the sequel will do :mouthdropped:

I'm thinking the sequel will have the same jump as Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm a killjoy.

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So Spider-Man: Homecoming finally opens next weekend, and it obviously isWonder Woman 's most "direct" competition. How much are we expecting the Patty Jenkins-helmed hit to drop for the weekend once hurricane Spidey hits?

It fell about 40% last weekend and looking at a 38% fall this weekend. If it was a movie other than spider-man opening next week then I would say it would fall around 37-38% again. But with a direct competition it could see a higher fall than these last 2 weekends. Maybe between 45-50% although I dont see a 50+ fall. One advantage it will have is that apart from SMH there is no other wide opening so it should hold onto a lot of its screens

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

People thought GOTG2 would suffer because WW opened and it held on just fine. WW is doing way better than GOTG2 in terms of legs/reception so I'm expecting it to hold on pretty well. 

Guardians fell about 53% which was its only 50+ fall apart from its second weekend. WW definitely affected it otherwise it wouldnt have fallen that high. That being said I dont think it will fall 50+ but it will see a higher than normal fall (normal being 37-39%). 

7 minutes ago, CalifoBoy said:

Why are u predicting such a terrible drop for Wonder Woman next weekend? Isn't it possible for the movie to keep it's legs?!

He didnt predict a terrible drop. He was simply saying how much it will make if it follows the same drops as SS and MoS. Relax

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

guess it should still reach 170m at least. 

Yeah. Sunday will come in 800k+ with a 10-15% drop, and Mon and Tue will be 675-700k each imo. So 167 by Tuesday.

Then 500k on Wed+Thu combined.

About 1m over the next weekend (60%+ drop) will give it 168.5.

Mon-Sun, 7 days after next weekend should bring in another 1m for 169.5.

Dollar bump and all could push it to 171.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I will. I want to be a pediatrician.

That is what I wanted to do as well....until I became an athlete and began self-diagnosing my own injuries/aches just so I didn't have to meet with the team physician. Now i want to do orthopedics....specifically, surgery. But the one thing a lot of doctors will tell you is that you go in wanting to do one thing and after doing all the rounds, you leave wanting to do something else lol 

8 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

That percentage of gross from just China is insane.

Yet, it's still  a massive disappointment to the Chinese market.  It will gross $90-100m less than the last and they paid  $100m to Paramount (great for them) for the rights thinking it would blow past $400m and make the deal worthwhile.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wonder Woman had a $26m week internationally. So with legs and Japan, $400m internationally is doable. 

I think it'll finish around $780m worldwide. Which is insane.

Think what the sequel will do :mouthdropped:

What about the possibility of WW breaking out in Japan and do close to $100m or more?

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, April 19 would be a good spot for it to move to. 

EDIT: Nevermind apparently another Dinsye live action fairytale is scheduled for the end of March. So yeah, don't really know where a good spot for it would be even if it does move to 2019. 

Mulan is for Thanksgiving 2018, not for summer. 

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

What about the possibility of WW breaking out in Japan and do close to $100m or more?

Doing $25-30m in Japan will require breaking out big. (in context of dom and dceu and cbms in Japan, would be like doing 600m+ dom)

$20m+ itself would be super. (500m dom)

$15-20m would be great. (400m dom)

$10-15m in line with expectations. (300m dom)

$100m or more is like doing 1b+ dom. (again going by how cbms behave in Japan and dceu's history).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack said:

Even if WW breaks out in Japan, its not touching $100M. 

And that's not me hating or anything. The most a comic book film does over there is like $30M and its always a Marvel film that brings in the high numbers for comic book films over there. WW could do $20M though if it really catches on. 

Like even TFA didn't touch $100M, although it came close. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Rock continues on his weird spiral. Just posted a video to instagram thanking everyone for the "overwhelmingly positive phenomenal response" to the Jumanji trailer. 

:mouthdropped:

he's paid to promote his film. Why is this a shock?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jack said:

it's 99,9999999999999999999999% improvable.

If it gets 10-15M there, WB can be happy. Biggest superhero movie there i think it was The Avenger with 45M. Then it's AoU and CW with some 25M ... Not to say that DC movies there are TDK 15M, TDKR 25M, MOS 9M, BvS 16M, SS 15M ... make your own guesses. 

Who might get to 100M there is Pirates 5, which seems to have opened over 10M there. 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

he's paid to promote his film. Why is this a shock?

Because with this and his rants on twitter about Baywatch, it comes across as completely desperate. 

... and that's not a look one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood should be giving off.

I mean, why even reply to the comments from nobodies on twitter?

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Because with this and his rants on twitter about Baywatch, it comes across as completely desperate. 

... and that's not a look one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood should be giving off.

I mean, why even reply to the comments from nobodies on twitter?

Honestly, nobody with any real money should be on Twitter. It's troll filled and hurts people's careers far more than it helps them.

That said, you'd really have to go out of your way to find Rock's shilling "unhinged".

• Like 2