Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

Looks like @The Panda will win the DM3 weekend contest, and @KeepItU25071906 will come in second.

Here's the bonus prize, @baumer has been generous enough to agree to give the winner their choice of 2 Months of a Gold Account, or 3 Months of a Premium Account. @The Panda the choice is up to you. @KeepItU25071906, you will get 1 month of a Gold Account. Just to ensure that there are no last minute surprises, we will wait till Wednesday and the actuals to make these official.

• Like 5

I expect Baby Driver to beat 100 million now.  I think 300 million is alive for DM3 and I think Emoji will tank.  Sing's 270M is a good goal.  Unfortunately 140 looks to be the ceiling for Transformers.  I cannot give up on Cars 3 yet, 160 still possible.  175 just got harder for Pirates.  47 Meters = summer sleeper.  Galaxy looking at 390 with 400 needed expansion miracle.  Wonder Woman looking at 400+.  Captain Underpants just collapsed.  75 final.  80 for Mummy.

Haven't really checked this thread since Friday. So DM3 is getting 75m. Hmm, much lower than I expected. 

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I expect Baby Driver to beat 100 million now.  I think 300 million is alive for DM3 and I think Emoji will tank.  Sing's 270M is a good goal.  Unfortunately 140 looks to be the ceiling for Transformers.  I cannot give up on Cars 3 yet, 160 still possible.  175 just got harder for Pirates.  47 Meters = summer sleeper.  Galaxy looking at 390 with 400 needed expansion miracle.  Wonder Woman looking at 400+.  Captain Underpants just collapsed.  75 final.  80 for Mummy.

So that would require a 4x multi. Do you think that's feasible, esp. as a sequel?

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

3:1

Mein Gott, we can't handle fire power of that magnitude 

More like we can't handle that amount of useful contributions.

We are the Marvel movies of users. All quips, no substance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, babz06 said:

I don't understand how Ansel didn't get Han Solo gig. I guess Alden has better connections. But I think producers made a mistake.

The producers of that film have made plenty of mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

Haven't really checked this thread since Friday. So DM3 is getting 75m. Hmm, much lower than I expected. 

So that would require a 4x multi. Do you think that's feasible, esp. as a sequel?

I just remember the first 2 playing well all the way through the fall.  This goes against Emoji and Nut Job 2 all the way up to Labor Day weekend.  No animated movie has hit 300 this year.  However, I would add Beauty and the Beast since it is a family film.

Edited by Matrix4You

^^ also maybe the lower performance = longer legs???

Shrek 4 - 3.37 multiplier

HTTYD 2 - 3.58

Despicable Me - 4.46

If you remove Despicable Me 2's 59.558 Wed/Th, then it had a total of 308.503 off of a 83.517 weekend.  That is a multiplier of 3.69

This could give it a total of 270 to 280.  Shrek 2 is nearly 4 multiplier when removing WEd+Th

Edited by Matrix4You

For week to week Saturdays...

Despicable Me 2 dropped 40.75%

Despicable Me dropped 39.37%

Minions dropped 48.09%

Pets dropped 46.07%

and Shrek 4 dropped 41.57%

45% Sat/Sat drop for DM3 would give approximately $3,000 per screen average.  Assuming it increases 33.33% from Friday, that would be a $2,250 per screen average for Friday and Sunday.

2250 + 3000 + 2250 = 7500 = 34 million = almost 55% drop = 163 10-day total.

However a 40% sat/sat drop for DM3 would give a 50% week to week drop to about 37 million and 166 10-day total.