Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Jim carey was at least at Ferrel level from 1994 to around 2009 or so, also 15 year's for him, and Dumb and Dumber to still made 169 million at the BO 20 year's after the first one.

Say what???

You can't even really compare the two, much less claim Carrey was "at least at Ferrell level."  

Carrey was on his own level with nobody coming close. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

That is not good at all. It won't even touch 90M. Minions WOM made this one suffer.

Franchise fatigue after 3 movies is natural.

The DM franchise peaked DOM with DM2 and peaked WW with Minions.

Still gonna make an assload of cash for Universal.

• Like 3

Just now, Boner Omega said:

Say what???

You can't even really compare the two, much less claim Carrey was "at least at Ferrell level."  

Liar Liar - 349M adjusted

Bruce Almighty - 355M adjusted

Dumb and Dumber - 262M

The Mask - 253M

Truman Show - 236M

Ace Ventura - 220M

Dude was damn near untouchable.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Boner Omega said:

Say what???

In the 90s, I am saying that he was still at least at Ferrell top level to until 2009/2010 or so (after 2005 Carrey was far from 1997 Carrey, but still at least at Ferrel prime level).

Edited by Barnack

I'm not surprised if Despicable Me 3 ends up making less than the second movie and Minions.

It's a very divisive movie. It offers nothing new, the plot is paper thin, there are no surprises and the villain is shit. It's more of the same, that's it. I liked it, but the theater was 95% enpty. 

By the way, there were more adults than kids watching it ( I went to watch it with my wife and my 5 year old daughter. I saw a lady coming with a kid and then 3 more people coming next, all 3 adults ). 

32 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It did look funny though, and always got great reactions when I got a trailer for it in theaters.  The issue was that WB didn't market it correctly.  With proper marketing, a We're the Millers run could've been achievable.

Baywatch had practically all the marketing in the world and that didn't help. With The House getting even lower scores, I don't buy it doing better regardless of marketing. More people are checking scores first.

Nothing about DM3 suggested it was a "must see".

Reviews were luke warm.

The Minions were barely exposed in the marketing.

Throw in a little franchise fatigue and 85 m OW is hardly surprising.

DM4 and Minions 2 are gonna drop bigly unless Universal figures out a way to spice things up.

• Like 1

I knew this would end up like Shrek 4. Both had a surprise hit original, an overperfoming sequel, and a big but bad third film that's below the original domestically. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Nothing about DM3 suggested it was a "must see".

Reviews were luke warm.

The Minions were barely exposed in the marketing.

Throw in a little franchise fatigue and 85 m OW is hardly surprising.

DM4 and Minions 2 are gonna drop bigly unless Universal figures out a way to spice things up.

For DM3 demographics, IDK why we consider reviews a factor in the bo performance.

Edited by a2knet

Just watched Baby Driver again and oh man this movie just hits on all cylinders. 

I can't get over that score and action. The build up throughout the movie. Oh boy. 

Edgar Wright is a god. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Boner Omega said:

Say what???

On his own. 

Mid to late 90's he was probably the biggest movie star in the game. 

Ferrell has had great longevity at the top but never touched the superstar heights Carrey did. For me anyway. 

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience score update: DM3 is down to 76% and The House is down to a staggering 46% :jeb!: 

That's 1% down (DM3) from your last post...not a whole lot of movement worth posting...that's like pointing out DM3's critic rating has gone from 61 to 62% this morning...it get's a yawn and a "tell me when something really happens":)...

• Like 1

Guessing DM3 is something around 85/275 run, but it'll do well over 850WW IMO. 

That's so emberassing for The House, especially something I thought could make 100M a few months ago.

• Like 2