cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

3 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@cookie SkyRiders

All the projects seem cool to me, but I'm really interested in reading about what a PG-13 animation could be.

It's exciting because it allows me to go into far heavier and richer territory than I would have with a PG rating.

Spoiler

Plus the opening ten minutes is one glorious animated tracking shot that puts the one in Scrooge 2 to shame.

I'd love to know what you think about my other stuff tho

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's exciting because it allows me to go into far heavier and richer territory than I would have with a PG rating.

Hide contents

Plus the opening ten minutes is one glorious animated tracking shot that puts the one in Scrooge 2 to shame.

Can’t wait for the preread.

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Well, I know I'm a sucker for Nintendo projects, so Metroid intrigues me to a palpable degree. That's a huge stylistic undertaking.

Countdown to Extinction has a talented director behind it; I want to see how it differentiates itself from Jurassic Park to be honest.

I haven't read your past Voltron projects yet... I remember enjoying stuff like Power Rangers and Transformers but I never really had the opportunity to get into Voltron in the same way. This might be a Les Miserables (2012) situation for me, where I find an adaption of the original source material and fall in love with the property through that.

And I'm personally excited to read The Scavenger Wars, both its first one and its upcoming sequel. It's the talk of the town so it must be good!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I haven't read your past Voltron projects yet... I remember enjoying stuff like Power Rangers and Transformers but I never really had the opportunity to get into Voltron in the same way. This might be a Les Miserables (2012) situation for me, where I find an adaption of the original source material and fall in love with the property through that.

Eeeeh I'd caution that due to circumstances relating to creative choices made in previous films it has diverted quite a bit from the source material, plus tone-wise my movies are closer to Star Wars and GotG than Transformers/Power Rangers.

But if you have the time you should absolutely check out the Netflix reboot which is the starting block for my movies.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slambros said:

And I'm personally excited to read The Scavenger Wars, both its first one and its upcoming sequel. It's the talk of the town so it must be good!

Also in regards to this one I'd suggest you wait until I finish my director's cut of the original since the intent is to set up the sequel better (plus fix some shortcomings).

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Slambros said:

@Rorschach Mr. Juul or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hit

As much as I enjoy reading the One Punch Man series, and as excited as I am to read that project, I have to say that I knew I'd be interested in Mr. Juul when it dawned on me that it'd be heavily influenced by Kubrick's classic. I've never seen Dr. Strangelove, but I find this very fascinating nonetheless!

Spoiler

I haven't seen Dr. Strangelove 😂

Spoiler

I just ripped the title from it because 1) I think its a cool-sounding title but most importantly 2) the tone of the film is very comedic and I needed both a title that's both elegant and really, really stupid at the same time.

Spoiler

Basically the film is Goodfellas meets Superbad. There's elements of both films in there. I'd say its reminiscint of Mel Brooks' parody films like Blazzing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, etc.

Spoiler

Glad you're excited for it though :)

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Thanks for the PI hype! It’ll be more of a sprawling dramedy kinda in the vein of Boyhood (but over 1 month and focusing on an ensemble of characters).

The gist is that it’s about a small island on the coast of New England with a population of about a few hundred, ordered to evacuate due to the threat of climate change eventually flooding the area. It’ll focus on Tessa Thompson’s character as their way of life is about to change forever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

@Slambros now im curious about your opinions on my other projects.

Well, I really want to read Punch-Out, because I'm a big sucker for all things Nintendo.

I think The Associates seems interesting because Ryan Coogler is the director and it's a nontraditional superhero film. The December release knocks it out of the park, too.

That, and I think Kirby is very well cast, and, well, I really like Kirby. Plus, the enthusiasm is extremely contagious!

14 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Hopefully Secret Saturdays and Bartimaeus 2 can coexist just fine. The first made $208.1M domestic and $725.1M worldwide so it should do well. 

To be honest I’m curious as well, should be interesting though B2 should be a bit more older as it’s PG-13 like Spark. 

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone know a good Indian actor over the age of 50 but under 80.

Well there's a boatload of Bollywood actors I have little familiarity with. But in terms of people who have regular Hollywood appearances, Irrfan Khan (51) is an option.