CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It's a...weaponised smurfette. 

first_look__smurfette_as_wonder_woman_by

#NeverForget

#theGuardian

#SteveRose

#NotARealCritic

:ph34r:

I don't entirely disagree with the weaponized Smurfette comment. But, yeah, dude was in the minority with his opinion. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't entirely disagree with the weaponized Smurfette comment. But, yeah, dude was in the minority with his opinion. 

LOL (Just in case: I was kidding with that "not a real critic" hashtag.) :P 

• Like 1

Hot take... The action beats in every superhero flick of '17 have been crap, totally deboid of invention. Onky standouts being the prison escape with Yondu, Rocket and Groot in Vol. 2 and the hotel sequence in Logan. What gives? 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hot take... The action beats in every superhero flick of '17 have been crap, totally deboid of invention. Onky standouts being the prison escape with Yondu, Rocket and Groot in Vol. 2 and the hotel sequence in Logan. What gives? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Clearing the path for Taika.

gCrHn3i.gif

• Like 8

Not that it matters, but after the deluge of acclaim on RT for WW, who'd have thought stuff like SMH and Apes would be received even more positively. Pretty nuts. When's the last summer when 3 blockbusters had a 92%+ at RT? Will Dunkirk join the collection and make it 4?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

giphy.gif

Not singling out your girl, Spidey really swings by on awesome, charming work by pretty much the entire ensemble, a big heart and some great wit suited to the high school setting. But, damn, for a Spider-man flick, the action beats left me feeling pretty lukewarm. His brief action appearance in Civil War trumped all of the action in Homecoming.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Not that it matters, but after the deluge of acclaim on RT for WW, who'd have thought stuff like SMH and Apes would be received even more positively. Pretty nuts. When's the last summer when 3 blockbusters had a 92%+ at RT? Will Dunkirk join the collection and make it 4?

I hope so.

This summer has been bursting with well reviewed popcorn flicks. I hope that Atomic Blonde and Valerian continue the trend (and I pray that Wish Upon surprises!!!)

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Image result for wonder woman gif

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

And they're being rewarded at the box office. It's beautiful!

All hail, Tomato Law!

• Like 1

Dunkirk will get Interstellar reviews

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not singling out your girl, Spidey really swings by on awesome, charming work by pretty much the entire ensemble, a big heart and some great wit suited to the high school setting. But, damn, for a Sounded flick, the action beats left me feeling pretty lukewarm.

It's ok. :P 

I haven't watched GOTGv2 yet; you said the action was awesome, right?

8 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

My stupid theater didn't have 1 cbm trailer. They showed Valerian, Apes, a freaking commercial for a fox marvel tv show, some wish horror movie and alot of random audi commercials. I was hoping to see Ragnarok and Panther on the big screen

But Valerian is a CBM :) 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Image result for wonder woman gif

Compare that to the Waititi gif from Boy that AA posted and it only further proves my point. That No Man's Land beat had great heart but was dull as fuck and sorely lacking invention. The stylistic beats to accent it only served to dampen it.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It's ok. :P 

I haven't watched GOTGv2 yet; you said the action was awesome, right?

Eh, one scene in particular is brings down the damn house. Otherwise more colorful in execution than expertly pieced together to get the heart pounding.

• Like 1