CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, Arlborn said:

Apocalypse was great. Only Fantastic Beasts, La La Land and Hunt for aabatteryspeople were slightly better than it last year.

Definitely the best CBM of 2016.

All according to me.

Anything else?

All of these movies were terrible.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

At least my opinion is based on SOMETHING.

ME: "Pixar has a higher RT average score and huge global box office average. It's an elite studio."

YOU: "Nuh uh, Dreamworks is the best cause I like Boss Baby"

You can't justify an opinion with some metric or internet site.  It's your own personal opinion.  Sharknado has a higher RT score than Forrest Gump.  So by your own logic, Sharknado is a better movie than Forrest Gump.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I remember the fight in Apocalypse was just some actors doing superhero poses in front of a greenscreen

giphy.gif

My jaw was on the floor in the theater while watching it because of how bad it was.

Apocalypse is fine. Its just completely unmemorable for me. Third best superhero movie of last year behind Doctor Strange and BvS.

I admire motherfuckers like @Arlborn who always own the motherfucking shit out of their opinions by the way 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Apocalypse is fine. Its just completely unmemorable for me. Third best superhero movie of last year behind Doctor Strange and BvS.

I admire motherfuckers like @Arlborn who always own the motherfucking shit out of their opinions by the way 

The fact I completely forgot it came out last year says it all really. Its so forgettable 

Edited by AJG

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Opinions shouldn't be based on outside factors. Own your opinions.

Opinion: "Movie A is better than movie B."

Fact: "Studio A is more successful with critics and movie goers than studio B."

Class dismissed.

Edited by grey ghost

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Doctor Strange is my least favorite CBM from last year and I'm a huge Marvel fan. Considering Civil War was my favorite and I'm sure your least favorite just shows the diversity of people's opinions which I respect. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

Apocalypse is gawd-awful in every way but DOFP in probably a top six superhero movie ever so it evens out I guess. The Russos are the platonic ideal of bland ass superhero directors to me. I actually like both their movies pretty well, but whatever they're doing is the opposite of elevating the material. They kept those two movies from being really great, in the top ten superhero movies ever type quality. They have the aesthetic and stylistic sense of a C-level Netflix or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. director. Everything they do feels like a TV episode, except with super cartoony action. Anyway, I'm not too optimistic about IW. CW and Winter Soldier at least had hooks and structure that made them fun directing-aside, IW bears no interest to me. 

• Like 7

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh you motherfucker. No talking about LA La Land that way

Ryan Gosling can't sing. The relationship between the leads was boring. 

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I remember the fight in Apocalypse was just some actors doing superhero poses in front of a greenscreen

giphy.gif

Going to the "lol cgi/green screen was bad" excuse is always such a fucking copout.  The Quicksilver scene admittedly does not have the best CGI, but it's still a great, memorable, fun scene.  In fact I can remember it far better than any action scene in Civil War, or really most recent Marvel movies.

I don't think there was any superhero movie that was worse than BvS in 2016 and yes I know there are people who hate Suicide Squad more but at least in my opinion Suicide Squad had semi likeable/interesting characters. All of the BvS actors were fighting against a terrible script that gave them inhuman dialogue and interactions and lethargic direction and thus the best character in the movie was someone making a cameo appearance.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Opinion: Movie A is better than movie B.

Fact: Studio A is more successful with critics and movie goers than studio B.

Class dismissed.

Ok then.

My favorite movie of the year is Baby Driver because it has a 97% on RT. Forget about any of the movie's content. I like it solely because the critics do!

• Like 4

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

All I can remember thinking about Apocalypse right now is that Quicksilver scene. 

I can remember Quicksilver beating the shit out of Apocalypse, confronting Magneto, the entire final battle scene, the Wolverine scene (and really the entire Stryker scene)...and that's just off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You can't justify an opinion with some metric or internet site.  It's your own personal opinion.  Sharknado has a higher RT score than Forrest Gump.  So by your own logic, Sharknado is a better movie than Forrest Gump.

Sharknado has 17 reviews. GTFO.