CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

I keep telling you Debbie downers to just wait. This movie ain't going to have a shitty 2.3 multiplier like CW or BvS. It has an A CS. I believe that will lead it to at least 350 million dollars domestic.

CW had an A CS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I keep telling you Debbie downers to just wait. This movie ain't going to have a shitty 2.3 multiplier like CW or BvS. It has an A CS. I believe that will lead it to at least 350 million dollars domestic.

So did Civil War

Thing is there are three other big movies with good buzz opening over the next three weeks and I think that might hurt it

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Saying that the movie is a lock to get a 3.0 multiplier presumptuous in the face of evidence that that's not easy to get.

Let's start with 2.7.

It should aim for the MCU 2.66x average first.

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

And I believe you are being too optimistic. 2.7 multiplier is the highest I will give it. And that would be excellent. That would be similar to Guardians of the Galaxy part 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

CW had an A CS.

Tell me almighty one with your gift of foresight what will the movie end up with domestically? 

I swear. I love WW, but I kinda wish now it was a massive failure, bc all these D.C. Twerps come out of the woodwork and start laying it on the mcu movies. Did they forget SS and BvS were massive disappointments? I'm hoping Thor ragnarok outgrosses JL. It'd be hilarious.

• Like 1

Just now, excel1 said:

Sony preparing an epic fudge trying to avoid embarrassment 

Yeah, nothing like the embarrasment of relaunching your series with over 115 mil!!! Sony should just kill itself now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, excel1 said:

Sony preparing an epic fudge trying to avoid embarrassment 

In what world is an $115M+ opening an embarrassment?

• Like 2

Just now, KJsooner said:

Tell me almighty one with your gift of foresight what will the movie end up with domestically? 

I swear. I love WW, but I kinda wish now it was a massive failure, bc all these D.C. Twerps come out of the woodwork and start laying it on the mcu movies. Did they forget SS and BvS were massive disappointments? I'm hoping Thor ragnarok outgrosses JL. It'd be hilarious.

Suicide Squad's gross was not disappointing.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Impossible said:

It has Pacific Rim 2 which will star another black actor.

No one cares about Pacific Rim 2 outside of fanboys.

19 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Valerian is going to bomb so hard.

Ha...bomb.  A strong word for sure.  Would 500M domestic be bomb?  Tell thoughts.  I'm sure it is not a bomb.  Valerian...bomb?  Ha!  Only in a fantasy world.

Valerian...

What the fuck is "BoxOfficeReport" and why is it getting exclusives?

$117,000,000 for SMH is not good given its opening day....

9 hours ago, a2knet said:

Make a hole at the bottom of the popcorn bucket, put the bucket on your lap, and unzip.

edit: I think it's inappropriate for this post to be just below Tele's nice post above it.

tGEYK7a.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KJsooner said:

But there's also a lot who loved it. But I follow mredman. Im familiar with his posting style.

Get over yourself. I just hate the suit very much though and many agree with this. You accuse me of being a Marvel hater even when i said its enterraining enough. But then let me ask how do you feel about DCEU movies ?