CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's on page 6...but I'd rather teens get the prize:)...I'd just like to nail all 3 supers for the summer, so my icon isn't a joke:)...

Naaa....if you win you win.  It's cool having a gold account. :)

• Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

It's on page 6...but I'd rather teens get the prize:)...I'd just like to nail all 3 supers for the summer, so my icon isn't a joke:)...

Cough"I am a teen"cough

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

The Tomato Law cannot be denied. His power is immeasurable. The numbers will keep rising and rising.

Ninjago better receives its blessing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To give the Devil his due, YT trailer views don't come just from the US alone, and The Mummy has done over 370M WW. Ditto for Fifty Shades Darker.

That being said... c'mon Han, do POWER RANGERS and MAX STEEL tell you anything? :redcapes:

Fifty Shades Darker did less than its predecessor domestically and internationally.  How were those trailer views not a lie?  And I still think that the Mummy's trailer views were a lie even with it's international gross.

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Think about all the LIKES you can bestow upon me :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Pretty sure he meant globally.

DM3 will safely be above WONDR and more likely than not to go over GOTG2 also.

Spidey could beat DM3 but if not for DM3, the three CBMs would have been top 3 movies globally this summer.

DM3 counts as a superhero movie too (technically supervillain but that's no longer true for Gru and fam). Just not live action or Marvel/DC.

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's why that Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 comparison to Wonder Woman drove me insane. It was not a good movie to compare it to no matter their similar opening weekends because they weren't released during the same time of year. Also one was a third sequel and the other one wasn't. Just a terrible comparison.

Brad Brevet hasn't gotten the hang of BO analysis yet. But what surprises me is that the WW comparisons to movies she has already blown past are still there. His successors would immediately change the comparison movie once the current movie began to vastly outperform it or began to lag behind. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Or one of the bully characters from Weird Science, lol. RDJ certainly has come a long way over the years. 

Stardom was destined from his first scene as a pound puppy

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Tomato Law cannot be denied. His power is immeasurable. The numbers will keep rising and rising.

You have so many exceptions, conditions, and provisos grafted onto the Tomato Law that it's become near worthless.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

What'll you have?

Gimme a scotch

Straight up or on the rocks?

Give me the whole bottle.

Why dont you bend over and Ill shove it straight up your ass.

Yes, RDJ has come a long way.

"This party's lame, Max!"

He still has one of the greatest comebacks of any actor ever. Congrats to him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

Pretty sure he meant globally.

DM3 will safely be above WONDR.

POTC5 is looking at 780+ so all CBMs will beat it. Even WONDR.

So if not for DM3, the three CBMs would have been top 3 movies globally this summer:

DM3/SM6/GOTG2 - top 3 in any order

WONDR - 4th

POTC5 - 5th

Yes, for sure...globally DM3 will definitely be above WW.

Oh, for folks who want to help Valerian and don't want to wait and see if a ticket deal gets better...Valerian has $5/off if you purchase 2+ tickets on Atom (no code needed)...you can help its presales and try to keep it from getting lost OW (and save a few bucks in the process)...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

"This party's lame, Max!"

He still has one of the greatest comebacks of any actor ever. Congrats to him. 

He was called one of the greatest actors of his generation.  I still think he should of at least been nominated for Less Than Zero.  And then, like his character in LTZ, he just bottomed out with booze and drugs.  So yep, the comeback was epic.

• Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Oh, for folks who want to help Valerian and don't want to wait and see if a ticket deal gets better...Valerian has $5/off if you purchase 2+ tickets on Atom (no code needed)...you can help its presales and try to keep it from getting lost OW (and save a few bucks in the process)...

@That One Guysupport your movie. 

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Fifty Shades Darker did less than its predecessor domestically and internationally.  How were those trailer views not a lie?  And I still think that the Mummy's trailer views were a lie even with it's international gross.

They were a lie, no one's taking that away from them, but I do feel like they are treated as big ass flops by some, and in all fairness, they weren't. 50SD actually had better legs and DOM total than I ever thought possible; and reading DHD would make you believe that The Mummy was a phenomenal failure, when in reality, its number ain't that shabby.

Imo, Power Rangers and Max Steel are the best examples of trailer views being a giant bowl of fake news (off the top of my head, at least), and PR still opened to 40M+ DOM.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

Awesome stuff Mike.....but where'd you get the preview info?

The actual preview numbers? A really, really helpful resource is under the "Numbers and Data Archive" thread in the Numbers and Data sub-forum. There is an excel sheet that contains tons of records of midnight/preview grosses for films (and the source). For any that haven't been listed there, I simply google it and I'm able to find it in an old Deadline or Variety article, etc.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MikeQ said:

The actual preview numbers? A really, really helpful resource is under the "Numbers and Data Archive" thread in the Numbers and Data sub-forum. There is an excel sheet that contains tons of records of midnight/preview grosses for films (and the source). For any that haven't been listed there, I simply google it and I'm able to find it in an old Deadline or Variety article, etc.

Peace,

Mike

Thank you sir!