CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

The concept of "overrated" and "underrrated"  are usually kinda dumb. But the real point is you and some folks every time saying again "Doctor Strange is overrated", everytime. Get over it.

And man, some guys here calling "Doctor Strange is one of the worst superhero movies of all time", never saw something like that outside of BOT

Why should I get over it? 

Its my opinion and im allowed it share it however many times I please. Doctor Strange is overrated. My opinion. 

And who exactly said it was the worst super hero movie of all time? The first time I've literally heard anyone talk about this is from you and Han's post several posts back. Which is what my post was responding to. I've yet to see a single poster say Dr. Strange is the worst super hero movie of all time. Saying something is overrated and something is the worst thing of all time are not even remotely the same. And even if someone thought Dr. Strange was the worst super hero movie of all time, they're allowed to have that opinion and surprise surprise share it. It's their opinion and they can share it just like folks who praise and go crazy over films they love. 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

People are allowed to not like the movie, my man.

• Like 3

Just now, That One Guy said:

But what if I don't like Thor: Ragnarok when it comes out?

I will build iJackian walls of text to protect myself from those gosh darned haters. It will be impenetrable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I mean BR at least gets 3-5 points for Pfeiffer alone.  She's Pfabulous 

PFEIFFER/DEVITO/WALKEN WHAT A TRIO

The reason why people are always so disappointed by villains in these movies is because CBM villain casting peaked 25 years ago.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But what if I don't like Thor: Ragnarok when it comes out?

Don't matter as long as you love Lord/Miller and/or the glorious Lego Cinematic Universe.

• Like 1

Rating the worst 5 supers is hard, b/c I've avoided so far some that would probably make the list (the recent F4, Elektra, Suicide Squad, etc)...but maybe better is a list of my 5 biggest disappointments (ie - my expectations did not meet my experience)...

1. Green Lantern (anything that causes me to laugh at badness at the supposed epic close is just bad)

2. BvS (it was a toss up for me with these two titles b/c my expectations were so high for both and they both just wilted under them)

3. Supergirl (painful start to finish - and I was a little kid who just wanted to like a girl super!)

4. Superman 4 (WAY too preachy and idiotic for even little kid me...such a letdown from the 1st 3)

5. Thor 2 - (Natalie Portman was SO much worse and painful in the role, and this movie, except for the Loki/Thor scenes, was just so stilted and bad compared to the rest of Marvel MCU - for once, I agree with critics)

• Like 3