Blankments

Where'd You Go, Bernadette? | August 16, 2019 | Annapurna | Richard Linklater directing. Cate Blanchett, Billy Crudup, Kristen Wiig

On 4/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, filmlover said:

Pushed back. Again.

That's now wide releases scheduled for the weekend of August 16-18.

Blinded By the Light (on Wednesday August 14, same date as Crazy Rich Asians last year)

47 Meters Down: Uncaged

The Angry Birds Movie 2

Good Boys

The Informer

PLAYMOBIL

Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Obviously some of those are going to move, but still. Nuts.

36 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's now wide releases scheduled for the weekend of August 16-18.

Blinded By the Light (on Wednesday August 14, same date as Crazy Rich Asians last year)

47 Meters Down: Uncaged

The Angry Birds Movie 2

Good Boys

The Informer

PLAYMOBIL

Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Obviously some of those are going to move, but still. Nuts.

August 23rd only has two releases. August 30th is wide open; if a big enough film is placed on that date, people will see it. So somebody needs to cut their losses and move to a date where there's less competition. 

Thread still needs a date change.

Speaking of which, is this even still releasing? I've seen zilch about the film and it opens in 4 days. Marketing wise I mean. I've seen the trailers.

Edited by JB33

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Speaking of which, is this even still releasing? I've seen zilch about the film and it opens in 4 days. Marketing wise I mean. I've seen the trailers.

I've seen a few ads here and there. It's gonna make little though (the only ending it was gonna have after being delayed so much).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've seen a few ads here and there. It's gonna make little though (the only ending it was gonna have after being delayed so much).

Pretty much. There's a small chance it could surprise a bit though. We all applied the same logic to Alpha last August and it didn't end up doing too bad (relatively speaking).

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I saw a single TV spot for it and they advertised it as a comedy...is it supposed to be...?

11 hours ago, Morieris said:

I saw a single TV spot for it and they advertised it as a comedy...is it supposed to be...?

Almost certainly given it is a Richard Linklater film. 

IMDB has it listed under Comedy, Drama, and Mystery.

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yeah this films smells of "Heavy Duty Award Contender That Did Not Turn Out Well".

In what way does it smell of an awards movie?

40% from 30 reviews on RT. 

Interesting that some reviews call it a "hilarious comedy" and others call it a "boring drama".

I'm looking forward to seeing it, just hope it gets a theatrical release near me. i'd have thought it should, even Last Flag Flying got a one off screening.

Edited by Avatree

Is this a movie that could have benefited from a different release date (like, say, its original late March date) or is the kind that doesn't really matter when it's released, it just stinks? $3.46M on opening weekend for a $1,440 PTA. Probably a 60% incoming, much like The Kitchen on its 2nd weekend.