CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's pretty obvious. If TDKR and Interstellar won, so will this. 

The countdowns get higher amounts of participation now then they did so that means lower percentage of list will be from Nolan fanboys

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

eh... I kinda think maybe it won't. I dunno. maybe it's my bias of it not being my number one. But I could see Get Out or some late year releases potentially beating it

:sparta:

We vote well. It'll be #1

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's a shame that stuff like It Comes at Night and The Big Sick probably won't be making the list. Barely anyone on here has seen them, and the former is much more divisive than The Witch which made it.

The Big Sick has a chance I think. (I'm seeing it on Tuesday!)

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There are still 6 months to go before I get the lists in for Best of 2017, but most likely Dunkirk will end up #1. Don't think too many movies will be able to gather the steam that a well received Nolan movie will have.

Too many Nolanites on this forum/internet for that not to happen. He could release something pure shit and they would still line up to jack him off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Big Sick has a chance I think. (I'm seeing it on Tuesday!)

I can count on one hand the amount of people here who have seen it including myself. If I exclude myself and add you in when you see it, that's still one hand.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I can count on one hand the amount of people here who have seen it including myself. If I exclude myself and add you in when you see it, that's still one hand.

It'll probably be on Amazon Prime Streaming before voting.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ummmmm... Filmlover. Pink, Jayhawk, Chewy, you.... There has to be more than that?

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It'll probably be on Amazon Prime Streaming before voting.

I don't think that'll matter much.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummmmm... Filmlover. Pink, Jayhawk, Chewy, you.... There has to be more than that?

Binoche. Good to know Chewy has seen it, tho.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The Lego Batman Movie does have a chance to show up near the bottom

This pleases me. 

Spoiler

You, me, and Tele should try to get PR into the top 25.

• Like 1

Just saw Dunkirk, technically extraordinary but I couldn't have cared less about any of the characters if I tried. Very cold and clinical filmmaking. Usual Nolan ah although fortunately there's not much dialogue for him to screw up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd vote for it onto the list - best mainstream animated movie released so far this year by a mile...it's not even close...

Cars 3 is a tiny bit better to me but I'm not really a huge fan of either

Odds are Logan, GV2, and WW may all have spots in my top 25, barring JL and Thor being crazy good. Apes, Baby Driver, Dunkirk, a Lego Movie (cause bias), PR (also bias) and Get Out have locked spots.

Edited by YourMother