Finnick

Thursday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$5.19M | GT:$3.17M | SMH:$2.77M | APES:$2.02M | GRU:$1.96M | WW:$0.65M .....NOT THE WW OSCAR PUSH THREAD (take it to the WW thread)

5 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Politics.  Plain and simple.  Do you really think the best films get nominated every year?  Nope.  Look at the Weinsteins....they are notorious for buying nominations.  Look at last year.  The academy got slammed the year before for OSCARSOWHITE.....then it goes out and nominates and gives best picture to a horrible film imo, but at least a film that was leagues away from being the best of the year.  This year, the political shift is going towards recognizing strong women.

I'll make you a friendly wager.....if Jenkins gets nominated for best director OR WW for best picture, you donate $25.00 to the site, if neither of these happens, I donate $25.00 to the site. :)

Love you too buddy......but I just have a feeling this year.

politics are everywhere, when there is the allocation of power and top down relationship, politics is there; 

moonlight may be a horrible film to you but not critics, it get 9/10 average rating and 99% on MT, it's the highest rated film among 9 nominated film, technically make it the best....by now you may call critics are being "politically correct", but please don't ignore the fact that boyhood(with similar theme) did received critically acclaimed too,

Oscar is simple, their unwritten "rule" is clear, whether to buy it or not, up to you. 

but i do agree that "money" oscar campaign is awful, they are just so disgusting, like how money invaded football.....campaign is fine, it heats up the oscar season, and people enjoy to talk about them, but to that "weinsteins" extent, it just ridiculous, luckily it got empty slot for best pic in 2015(that meh-meh carol) and lion won nothing in 2016(but it's great)  

3 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Tim Horton's has the best coffee and Blade Runner 2049 will be lucky to crack $100M domestically.

This, I agree with.

4 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Well, I'm biased because I live here but I love it.  The coffee is good but that's besides the point.  Tim Horton's is part of Canadiana.  It's famous and Canadians all over the world love it.  I have no idea how good Dunkin Donuts is but Tim Horton's is at every corner, at least in Ontario (the province where Toronto, Ottawa, London and places like that are).  We love it here.

I'l have to try it out :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

politics are everywhere, when there is the allocation of power and top down relationship, politics is there; 

moonlight may be a horrible film to you but not critics, it get 9/10 average rating and 99% on MT, it's the highest rated film among 9 nominated film, technically make it the best....by now you may call critics are being "politically correct", but please don't ignore the fact that boyhood(with similar theme) did received critically acclaimed too,

Oscar is simple, their unwritten "rule" is clear, whether to buy it or not, up to you. 

but i do agree that "money" oscar campaign is awful, they are just so disgusting, like how money invaded football.....campaign is fine, it heats up the oscar season, and people enjoy to talk about them, but to that "weinsteins" extent, it just ridiculous, luckily it got empty slot for best pic in 2015(that meh-meh carol) and lion won nothing in 2016(but it's great)  

I think critics are susceptible to praising something because of the subject matter as well, not because it's a great movie.

• Like 2

Well, I'm biased because I live here but I love it.  The coffee is good but that's besides the point.  Tim Horton's is part of Canadiana.  It's famous and Canadians all over the world love it.  I have no idea how good Dunkin Donuts is but Tim Horton's is at every corner, at least in Ontario (the province where Toronto, Ottawa, London and places like that are).  We love it here.

When I was in Toronto back in April, it was literally on the corner of every street. It reminded of how popular Wawa is in the South Jersey/Philly area. 

I tried it and it was actually pretty good :) 

• Like 1

I will let it slide if you say,

ASM2 > SM1

B&R > TDK

LW > JP1

AoC > ESB

Nut Job > TLK

But Bucks > Horton is a unacceptable. :apocalypse:

#TeamTH

Edited by a2knet

11 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Let's be frank here. The bigger goal for Blade Runner 2049 is making sure it doesn't shit the bed commercially like the original did.

WB and Sony are only distributing it, it's being fully financed by Alcon

3 hours ago, Nova said:

When I was in Toronto back in April, it was literally on the corner of every street. It reminded of how popular Wawa is in the South Jersey/Philly area. 

I tried it and it was actually pretty good :) 

There's a block near my neighbourhood that has 4 corners (obviously).  There is one regular Tim Horton's, then there is a drive-thru only on the adjacent corner (in an Esso gas station) and another drive-thru only on another corner in a Shell station.  Then, one block down the road in the southern direction, there is another full TH and then two blocks north, is another full TH.  And they all do well.  It's fucking insane here.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

I will let it slide if you say,

ASM2 > SM1

B&R > TDK

LW > JP1

AoC > ESB

Nut Job > TLK

But Bucks > Horton is a unacceptable. :apocalypse:

#TeamTH

You can't be serious, are you?  You don't honestly believe Batman and Robin is better than TDK, do you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

You can't be serious, are you?  You don't honestly believe Batman and Robin is better than TDK, do you?

Was being satirical about how much I think TH is better than SB. Will let all other blasphemous opinions slide but not SB > TH. ;)

• Like 2

I knew a girl in college who thought that. She also thought Fight Club was the worse movie ever. 

3 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I knew a girl in college who thought that. She also thought Fight Club was the worse movie ever. 

She could be the hottest girl in the world and I couldn't date her....seriously.  

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Is Tim Horton's any good? There's a bunch where I'm moving. Is it just a Canadian version of Dunkin'?

Read that as "Is it a Canadian version of Dunkirk?". Basically the same movie with a lot of "Eh" added into the dialogue.

• Like 2