Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

The final scene is up to interpretation I suppose :ph34r:

Hide contents

I still have no idea what the evil looking smile meant but it's still a great final shot because it actually makes you think about why he's smiling

The problem is that there are no hints.

Spoiler

I think he became evil during the ending and the confrontation with the Baron.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:
  Hide contents

Well, he was finally "cured." He's free. He won't share the fate of father. He just got the girl. He turned his back on big corporate and the pursuit materials and status. Evil smile? I think that's just a DeHaan smile, smirk. Like a fuck you, I'm over this shit.

Some people say it might be just this yeah. I still think there was something more.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Some people say it might be just this yeah. I still think there was something more.

Spoiler

The water didn't make the baron evil. He was already evil. DeHaan's just a smug prick but not evil. There's no reason to believe he's evil. Just my two cents. It's Verbinski... No need to read too much into it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I'm not saying we should allow the relationship with open arms, but he wasn't technically breaking any laws.  It's creepy for sure, but it wasn't illegal like some other scumbag sex offenders in Hollywood (cough Polanski cough)

That you know of...he impregnated her at 15...so he couldn't deny the "15" age...but it wouldn't be the 1st male/female pairing to deny when the relationship started to bypass laws...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Cheer up, we always have this glorious interview to watch. :lol:

Just watched this for the first time. Oh man lol.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RE large age differences in a relationship: Yeah, it's creepy as fuck. It says a lot about both parties involved. The older person is a creep/loser, and the younger person is incredibly naive. My sister has been "friends" with this guy who is 12 years older than her and has known since she was 17 (she's nearly 19), and that shit really rubs me the wrong way.

I've got a rule - you can have 3.5 year max per decade (max of 20 years) for me to not start thinking...ick...

So, you can be 18 and dating 15...28 and dating 21, 38 and dating 28, 48 and dating 34, 58 and dating 41, etc...any bigger gaps and you just aren't anywhere near the same place in life (and even then, I wouldn't encourage these kinda gaps)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Dunkirk is now up to 15.5% on MovieTickets (13.5% last night). Dark Tower has dropped again down to 12.4% (15.2% last night). Curious to see where it goes by the end of the day. 

I much more curious if Detroit's free Atom tickets can help buoy its Sat/Sun hold to get it above either Spidey or AB...#8 would be devastating and would pretty much have the movie losing showings by next weekend (if not theaters)...of course, it may do that anyway...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I much more curious if Detroit's free Atom tickets can help buoy its Sat/Sun hold to get it above either Spidey or AB...#8 would be devastating and would pretty much have the movie losing showings by next weekend (if not theaters)...of course, it may do that anyway...

Spidey is having a very good Saturday. It jumped ahead of Girls Trip on MovieTickets and Kidnap has fallen out of the Top 5 on MT. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Spidey is having a very good Saturday. It jumped ahead of Girls Trip on MovieTickets and Kidnap has fallen out of the Top 5 on MT. 

I'd say that I predicted all of this right after Spidey's OW (including his 1st 2 rough weekend drops), but then I'd be repeating myself from when I did the same correct leg predictions after WW's OW...I'd have to call myself the "supers legs whisperer" and not the "super mom", and super mom just sounds better:)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If has a big jump, $9M+ this weekend is very doable. Late legs for Spidey carrying RDJ to yet another MCU flick with Iron Man $310M+. How many is this now? Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers, Ultron, Civil War and, now, Homecoming. 7? Holy fuck.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I've got a rule - you can have 3.5 year max per decade (max of 20 years) for me to not start thinking...ick...

So, you can be 18 and dating 15...28 and dating 21, 38 and dating 28, 48 and dating 34, 58 and dating 41, etc...any bigger gaps and you just aren't anywhere near the same place in life (and even then, I wouldn't encourage these kinda gaps)...

The 7 rule is pretty damn good. Never date someone who's under half your age plus 7. IE I'm 17, so the youngest I can date is 16 (rounding up from 15.5). 

• Like 3