Finnick

MONDAY Numbers: DUNKIRK:$2.72M | EM:$2.23M | DT:$2.06M | SMH:$1.55M | GT:$1.33M | AB:$1.15M | WW:$0.396M...inches closer to 400M

I wouldn't be mad at Disney for doing the remakes if they weren't copy paste cash grabs or did something different. They should just remake the bad or mixed or not the most popular ones that no one really cares about in the first place like Pocohantas, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on The Range, and Chicken Little and find ways improve on them like a good remake should. TJB is not even that popular at first and it did near $1B WW. If it looks interesting to the GA, they'll go in numbers. Who know, maybe if Disney remade something like Treasure Planet and made it better it could be their next Pirates franchise.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I wouldn't be mad at Disney for doing the remakes if they weren't copy paste cash grabs or did something different. They should just remake the bad or mixed or not the most popular ones that no one really cares about in the first place like Pocohantas, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on The Range, and Chicken Little and find ways improve on them like a good remake should. TJB is not even that popular at first and it did near $1B WW.

The Jungle Book was a huge hit back in the day and it has name recognition due to the novel as well. Disney aren't going to remake the films that weren't successful for them because they won't make money

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It won't have legs for two reasons:

1. The amount of hype will lead to frontloadedness 

2. mother! will hurt It's second weekend even further

If the movie sucks, a disastrous multi is coming.

Han pretty much guaranteeing IT will open big and have great legs while Mother collapses and we get Han's passive aggressive posts in the weekend thread. The best thing will be that he will hate IT and love Mother.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, grim22 said:

Han pretty much guaranteeing IT will open big and have great legs while Mother collapses and we get Han's passive aggressive posts in the weekend thread. The best thing will be that he will hate IT and love Mother.

Ah, so much salt from you. Love it.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Ah, so much salt from you. Love it.

Salt about what? Just stating facts, every movie you rooted against did really well in summer and movies you rooted for failed hard leading to some great meltdowns from you. IT and Mother will continue the trend, and it will be glorious.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Salt about what? Just stating facts, every movie you rooted against did really well in summer and movies you rooted for failed hard leading to some great meltdowns from you. IT and Mother will continue the trend, and it will be glorious.

I do not think he had a DM3 meltdown. And Han probably hates that one the most.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

So exactly how am I rooting against It? I think It looks like an enjoyable enough horror film. People are letting their expectations get out of hand because of trailer views (hmm).

I don't know man, saying that a Jennifer Lawrence movie with a cryptic trailer directed by her husband is going to affect the legs of probably the second most anticipated film of the year based on a be loved book and mini series from the 90s seems kind of crazy to me. If anything I think the fact that Mother moved a week after IT opens was kind of silly. Bad move on mother's part.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I don't know man, saying that a Jennifer Lawrence movie with a cryptic trailer directed by her husband is going to affect the legs of probably the second most anticipated film of the year based on a be loved book and mini series from the 90s seems kind of crazy to me. If anything I think the fact that Mother moved a week after IT opens was kind of silly. Bad move on mother's part.

It wasn't a bad move because it was opening the same day as Happy Death Day. Both movies would have eaten into each other. Also, Aronofsky is not her husband :lol: 

I still remember Kevin hoping each new release would truck WW legs after it opened but they all underperformed or flopped (with the exceptions of DM3 WW and Homecoming)

• Like 1