CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

Spidey Future predictions:

Venom: $40M/$115M

Miles: $30M/$135M

Silver: $65M/$190M

Homecoming 2: (if the spinoffs are good and it moves to August): $125M/$350M

Homecoming 2: (if the spinoffs are bad and stays in July): $95M/$230M

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

I just read the premise for The Pact next year and that shit could be kinda funny!

"3 parents team up to prevent their daughters losing their virginities on prom night" starring John Cena :lol:

In the age of helicopter parenting is "losing it on prom night" still a thing? Even *mumblemumble* years ago when I was in HS, there were school sponsored all night parties for kids with strict parents who wouldn't let their teenagers go out just anywhere all night. Though the daughters could give the boring chaperoned party the slip... 

Also a movie with that premise in the late 2010s will be generating a lot of thinkpieces about it being problematic and the patriarchy and promoting outdated/stereotypical gender norms, you watch...

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

Was the IT preview that well advertised? The only reason I know about is these boards personally. 

Definitely saw the new IT preview during Monday's finale of The Bachelorette, mother! and others as well.

36 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Barbie gonna be rated R

526a9ab30e3102abacf349a054025be5--zombie8cecbbfcefdf3b607d2859f4eeccff90.jpg

OgAAACX8xaJ1K4zNnvN_ixMj9_sW7gi5D8l5z6eSVksZMfP.jpg?1

Wut. Is that Barbie's neighbor Amazing Amy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Wut. Is that Barbie's neighbor Amazing Amy?

Don't know, I have no knowledge of Barbie-verse. :) 

Those images showed up when I googled Barbie+horror

Edited by a2knet

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Stop motion doesn't do well in the US which is sad because Laika and Aardman do produce great work. Crappy animation like Nut Job 2 deserves to flop because the audience deserves and should demand better films. 

Stop motion doesn't do well period, which as you said is a really shame, as stop-motion can make for some terrific unique animated films.

• Like 2

I see 40 - 41 weekend for Annabelle.  I ran through the #s and if Glass Castle performs like Ricky and the Flash, Florence Foster Jenkins and Hundred-Foot Journey relative to previews, we are looking at about 4.5-4.8 weekend.  Not bad after all....  Could not find any decent comps for Nut Job 2.

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will remove you and add again. Let's see if that works.

Thanks.

EDIT: It did not work. I'll just give it a day or two. Could be an error that'll go away.

Edited by UNDERDOG

If Annabelle creation is insanely front-loaded like Alien versus Predator then it will still come in just under 40 million. So a 38 million dollar opening weekend almost guarantees that it will make the top 15 to the summer further screwing my summer game even more than it possibly already is LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

If Annabelle creation is insanely front-loaded like Alien versus Predator then it will still come in just under 40 million. So a 38 million dollar opening weekend almost guarantees that it will make the top 15 to the summer further screwing my summer game even more than it possibly already is LOL

If you would have told me before the first one opened that we would be here 4 years later with the prequel to a spinoff opening in the same range I wouldn't believe it. It's truly amazing how much success this serie has had. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Stop motion doesn't do well period, which as you said is a really shame, as stop-motion can make for some terrific unique animated films.

I still get stunned by stop motion techniques, Chicken Run still holds up today and Laika really pushes the technology to its limits and produced stunning results. I like CGI but it can be a bit samey.

57 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Silver and Black pretty much trying to steal Captain Marvel's thunder by releasing 3 weeks before it. Sony basically saying "We are going to give you 2 female superheroes leading a movie before Marvel gives you one regardless of whether you asked for it or not"

Silver and Black will live or die based on the casting. Hopefully they have good actresses lined up for it.

2019 might see Silver and Black, Captain Marvel, Batgirl and/or Gotham City Sirens and end with Wonder Woman 2. Might end up being a great year for female led superhero movies.

February is now a prime superhero slot now. Every studio with superheroes now has had or will have a film in that slot.

I wonder if the June 2019 DC film will happen or if WB might move it to August to give it more breathing room.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I still get stunned by stop motion techniques, Chicken Run still holds up today and Laika really pushes the technology to its limits and produced stunning results. I like CGI but it can be a bit samey.

February is now a prime superhero slot now. Every studio with superheroes now has had or will have a film in that slot.

I wonder if the June 2019 DC film will happen or if WB might move it to August to give it more breathing room.

If it's Batman, the June 2019 movie will happen. It will take the WW slot.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I wonder what is the percentage of GA that is truly aware about the Annabelle-Conjuring connection tho and the CU thing.

Well the poster mentions the next chapter in the Conjuring Universe and you'd have to practically be living under a rock to go into this movie without knowing Annabelle was in The Conjuring. 

• Like 4