CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn I will watch Cars 3.......... sometime.

Didn't he also direct Death Sentence w/Kevin Bacon?

(Not to be confused w/Dead Silence, the movie about the ventriloquist puppet who kills screamers, that was directed by the guy who did Saw II and III iirc)

Also, how dare you diss Justin Lin? He's no Wan, but he single handedly saved F&F :kitschjob:

Both Dead Silence and Death Sentence were directed by Wan. Never saw either of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Saw, Insidious, Insidious: Chapter 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2. The Conjuring movies are some of my favorite horror movies of all time.

He has produced Lights Out and Annabelle Creation, both of which also pretty good.

You are failing your own people. Instead of supporting successful asian visionary directors like Wan you support asian journeymans like Lin.

Also, don't forget I supported the true Asian Visionary

gFDPDsj.jpg

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

The true visionary is Chris Morgan.  He wrote everything since Tokyo Drift.  He planned everything out form the start, every twist, every turn.  Visionary writer.

Sure he did :sparta:

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Also, don't forget I supported the true Asian Visionary

gFDPDsj.jpg

I didn't bother to mention him because I only saw one movie from him and it was truly awful. No redeemable qualities.

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nut Job 2's lowest PTA for 4,000 record won't be broken for a LONG time.

Well the record was already broken 3 time in 2017, poor Emoji movie didn't hold that record for long.

The mummy: $7,853 PTA, 4,035 theater

Emoji          : $6,020 PTA, 4,075 theater

Nut job 2     : $2,084 PTA, 4,003 theater

That said it is not everyday that a record is broken by that much, you could be right (but has theater become many screen multiplex more and more, simply getting one in a multiplex will mean less and less, so that record could still go down easily)

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lin didn't create SHIT. The franchise was already there. He did two awful movies before getting it right, and I am gonna guess the whole FAMILY nonsense stuff came up from Vin Diesel :lol:

I slightly edited my post but you guys are too fast quoting. I stand by it, tho. Dude is a fine director that can get the job done but there are a million more like him. Wan did a better F&F with one attempt than Lin with four (and Lin also did the worst F&F movie, which also happens to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen).

Furious 7 is worse than 5, 6, and 8.

It's worse than Tokyo Drift too. There, I said it.

Sandberg and Wan can bend the knee and suck it.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Sure he did :sparta:

I didn't bother to mention him because I only saw one movie from him and it was truly awful. No redeemable qualities.

That's because you're not a Cinephile like me. Raise the Red Lantern and Hero are masterpieces the likes Wan could never even touch

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Furious 7 is worse than 5, 6, and 8.

It's worse than Tokyo Drift too. There, I said it.

Sandberg and Wan can bend the knee and suck it.

Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore. I don't want to be associated with someone who says sick/demented stuff like this. Find help, man.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Both Dead Silence and Death Sentence were directed by Wan. Never saw either of them.

I saw DS. :redcapes:

In seriousness, I saw Dead Silence many years ago. Clichéd and more unintentionally funny than scary, but it had some creepy moments and a cool idea.

Did he direct Dead Silence? I'm not sure.... (Quick Google search) Yes he did. You were right.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, MrPink said:

That's because you're not a Cinephile like me. Raise the Red Lantern and Hero are masterpieces the likes Wan could never even touch

Zang Whatever doesn't make movies in genres I like so I don't care. He isn't the father of three monster franchises. :redcapes:

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I saw DS. :redcapes:

In seriousness, I saw Dead Silence many years ago. Clichéd and more unintentionally funny than scary, but it had some creepy moments and a cool idea.

Did he direct Dead Silence? I'm not sure....

It says so on IMDb.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Zang Whatever doesn't make movies in genres I like so I don't care. He isn't the father of three monster franchises. :redcapes:

Those franchises are diseased children that will flame out in 5 years.

Zhang Yimou has made art. Art will survive forever. 

Edited by MrPink

29 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If that is correct, Spider-Man: Homecoming went less than 0.1 under the estimates:

Estimates: $6,100,000

Actuals (according with The-Numbers): 6,022,637

Total for Homecoming right now is $306,276,331. It's a -32% drop andif I'm not mistaken, the best hold among the top 10 films, same hold as The Big Sick and slightly better than Dunkirk's. 

Numbers for Homecoming were confirmed by BOM. 

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Those franchises are diseased children that will flame out in 5 years.

Zhang Yimou has made art. Art will survive forever. 

Saw and The Conjuring movies will live forever. Those three are damn great art.