CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

If that is correct, Spider-Man: Homecoming went less than 0.1 under the estimates:

Estimates: $6,100,000

Actuals (according with The-Numbers): 6,022,637

Total for Homecoming right now is $306,276,331. It's a -32% drop andif I'm not mistaken, the best hold among the top 10 films, same hold as The Big Sick and slightly better than Dunkirk's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is THE NUT JOB - NUTTY BY NATURE flopping? It makes no sense. It has a great premise, great titel, is wholly original and appeals to all demographics.

Spoiler

WHAT WENT WRONG???????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I need to get into the Wan hype train. Can you guys indicate me a list of films for me to go besides F&F?

I am the wrong person to ask, of his films, I've only seen Saw and Furious 7. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I remember the TV spots for Winter Soldier being the Cap Shield flying onto the screen and showing the title :lol: It had no scenes from the actual movie but hey, it had the title tattoed onto something :sparta:

At this point I believe someone from inside is sabotaging them. I mean... I remember seeing a 5 seconds TV spot where the only thing happening was McQueen on the beach and a female character saying "Está a comer-me" while burying herself deeper in the sand... :gold:

Oh my fucking Lord :rofl: Wow, Cars 3 must've been rated 18, apparently. Huh... Disney really needs to... change their engine :redcapes:

Man.... that poor voice actress. Does raise the question - does a female car leak when she's excited? :gold:

• Haha 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Lol I didn't even knew he did Saw. The first Saw is the only one I've watched and while it was cool for what it was, it's not my cup of tea. :lol:

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I need to get into the Wan hype train. Can you guys indicate me a list of films for me to go besides F&F?

Saw, Insidious, Insidious: Chapter 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2. The Conjuring movies are some of my favorite horror movies of all time.

He has produced Lights Out and Annabelle Creation, both of which also pretty good.

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You are failing your own people. Instead of supporting successful asian visionary directors like Wan you support asian journeymans like Lin.

Just now, CJohn said:

Saw, Insidious, Insidious 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2.

He has produced Lights Out and Annabelle Creation, both of which also pretty good.

You are failing your own people. Instead of supporting successful asian visionary directors like Wan you support asian journeymans like Lin that have no vision.

I liked this until you dissed Lin. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Saw, Insidious, Insidious: Chapter 2, The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2. The Conjuring movies are some of my favorite horror movies of all time.

You are failing your own people. Instead of supporting successful asian visionary directors like Wan you support asian journeymans like Lin that have no vision.

YOU CAN GO TO HELL.

Lin makes movies in genres I actually like. Lin created a multi billion dollar franchise for Universal through the power of FAMILY. THAT'S REAL VISION

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh my fucking Lord :rofl: Wow, Cars 3 must've been rated 18, apparently. Huh... Disney really needs to... change their engine :redcapes:

Man.... that poor voice actress. Does raise the question - does a female car leak when she's excited? :gold:

My guess is that the line is taken out of context but like that it just sounds extremely ridiculous.

Maybe you need to watch Cars 3 to answer that question. :qotd:

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The Conjuring films by Wan are some of the best horror this decade, so start there for sure. The first Insidious is good too.

Alright, give me a list:

The Conjuring

The Conjuring 2

Insidious

What's next?

Make a Scott Derrickson list of horror films while you are at it, besides Strange I just saw Emily Rose. :lol:

@CJohn I will watch Cars 3.......... sometime.

Didn't he also direct Death Sentence w/Kevin Bacon?

(Not to be confused w/Dead Silence, the movie about the ventriloquist puppet who kills screamers, that was directed by the guy who did Saw II and III iirc)

Also, how dare you diss Justin Lin? He's no Wan, but he single handedly saved F&F :kitschjob:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nut Job 2's lowest PTA for 4,000 record won't be broken for a LONG time.

weekend gross of $8,012,311 with a PTA of $2,001.58 with previews removed.  I guess future predicts for films like this over 4000 theaters would be O/U 8M (previews removed)

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

YOU CAN GO TO HELL.

Lin makes movies in genres I actually like. Lin created a multi billion dollar franchise for Universal through the power of FAMILY. THAT'S REAL VISION

Lin didn't create SHIT. The franchise was already there. He did two awful movies before getting it right, and I am gonna guess the whole FAMILY nonsense stuff came up from Vin Diesel :lol:

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I liked this until you dissed Lin. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

I slightly edited my post but you guys are too fast quoting. I stand by it, tho. Dude is a fine director that can get the job done but there are a million more like him. Wan did a better F&F with one attempt than Lin with four (and Lin also did the worst F&F movie, which also happens to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen).