CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | ANNABELLE 2 - $35m; DUNKIRK - $11.4m; NUT JOB 2 - $8.9m; BABY DRIVER Crosses $100m!!!

9 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Going in Style did alright. Not a huge hit but it did almost $85m WW on a $25m budget

In Going In Style's case it helps that it appealed to an older crowd, for obvious reasons. Legs were fairly good as a result. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

In Going In Style's case it helps that it appealed to an older crowd, for obvious reasons. Legs were fairly good as a result. 

I imagine it'll be endlessly be shown on HBO and TNT/TBS in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine it'll be endlessly be shown on HBO and TNT/TBS in the future. 

The film should become a staple of cable a year after release, basically.

Edited by Fancyarcher

47 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Any Saturday numbers? 

Will be fun to see how much jump from true Friday AB:C shows compared to CONJ2.

3.3 + 13.09 + 14.00 (+6.95%) + 10.01 (-28.5%) = 40.40 ow ... CONJ2

4.0 + 11.10 + 11.87 (+6.95%) + 8.49 (-28.5%) = 35.46 ow ... AB:C with CONJ2's Sat and Sun holds

4.0 + 11.10 + 11.50 (+3.60%) + 8.05 (-30.0%) = 34.65 ow ... AB:C with more conservative holds than CONJ2

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Annabelle kinda sucked. It's not badly made but that universe has become so familiar there are no surprises and as a result no scares. 

How did u like A2 compared to C1, C2 and A1.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How did u like A2 compared to C1, C2 and A1.

It's hard to compare because when I saw C1 that universe and James Wan's style of horror still felt fresh. The more movies I watch from that universe, the less effective the scares become.

I'd say C1 > C2 > A1 > A2.  A2 is a better movie than A1 but A2 suffers from overly familiar scares and tone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, firedeep said:

So is it safe to say Wan is one of the greatest horror masters in Hollywood history?

I was very much impressed by CONJ2. I liked it more than CONJ1, and making a horror sequel at par with a well received original is not common.