That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The 1990 movie was hardly a masterpiece but this one looks so lame. Plus the cast feels so low-rent (you think they would've tried harder than...Ellen Page, who has barely been clinging to the C-list for a while now and who is somehow still playing students even though Juno was 10 years ago, and Diego Luna).

To be fair, she could be a graduate student.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I got Mother! Someone said it looks weird 

JELLY (even though I've gotten all 3 trailers a total of 4 times)

• Like 1

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Or MOTHER!. 

This isn't a terrible thing, but you also said you might not see it in theaters 🤔Also, lowercase.

Just now, Nova said:

In regards to Flatliners. It looks sooooo damn awful which probably explains the low rent cast. Imagine having a B-lister or A-lister attached. It's like committing career suicide. 

What if Kiefer cameos? 🤔 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

No no no, see, being casual is when you need to be fed 1.5-2.5 minutes of promotional material carefully explaining the movie in order to get excited. :P 

mother! explains nothing though :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The South failed you @WrathOfHan

One thing about the South and Midwest, they are more laid back than city folks.

They take their time, they don't run out to see a movie on the first weekend like city folks do.

I think the South and Midwest will pickup a lot in the coming days and weeks.

Big studios ignore these areas because they want a big opening weekend. 

The marketing strategy is unconventional, so the box office is behaving unconventional.

Edited by HenryMeyers20
  • Like 1