That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Barring a complete collapse Annabelle 2 proves that a franchise can survive a bad instalment as long as there are good instalments to actually hold on to. 

People were more than happy to give CONJ2 a chance despite ANNA1 as ANNA was looked at as a sub-franchise while CONJ was the parent franchise and the real deal.

CONJ1 still retained a lot of good will when CONJ2 released. That CONJ2 ended up being a very good movie helped ANNA2. And now that ANNA2 has good reception pretty much eliminates any issues with ANNA1.

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Its a film that nobody wanted and didn't need to be made.

Completely disagree about that. If you have watched it, you will understand how important it is in current climate. A great movie about a side of america, that is coming in more and more light in past few months.

• Like 2

Just watched HB, really enjoyed it. Nothing I'm going to remember in a few years time, but it was good enough to keep me happy until It comes out.

Also had a great Sunday at my theatre. Increased from Saturday (and while I DONT expect that to happen to any extent) I think actuals could go up tomorrow. WOM is pretty great.

So yea, 11.9M OD at my theatre, 29M weekend. Had better legs throughout the weekend than Annabelle and Dark Tower did (would have opened to 26-27M with the same legs).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

It is a sequel, not a remake. They are hiding it now because they probably realized it is better to sell it as a remake/reboot, but this is a sequel with Kiefer reprising his role from the original movie.

It's more like a remake/reboot in disguise of sequel. Kiefer will probably have a minor role and that's why they don't show him in trailers. It's easier to market it as a sequel because there would be less complaints from audience.

8 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Here is a fun one think about.  The blackout period for China ends this Friday with the releases of Cars 3, Baby Driver, and Valerian?  Predicts? 

There's only 1 of those 3 movies I want to do well in China. And the red car featured is not named Lightning McQueen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Completely disagree about that. If you have watched it, you will understand how important it is in current climate. A great movie about a side of america, that is coming in more and more light in past few months.

only if you want to stir up more shit !

• Astonished 2

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

only if you want to stir up more shit !

So its better to ignore the past because whats done is done. 

Mmmhmmm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Could ANNA3 beat CONJ3?

CONJ1 vs ANNA1 : 137.4 vs 84.2

CONJ2 vs ANNA2 : 102.5 vs 95

I don't think so. Conj 3 itself will increase due to these spin-offs.

I am very surprised by anna2 OS performance. It's peforming similar to conj2 almost in all territories. 

Was anna2 heavily marketed in us?

In india it's teaser played for 2 months before almost every hollywood movie and everytime it got reactions. 

46 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I don't understand. What brave heart has to do with this movie? 

Its the political and social fallout that a movie can create for the sake of quick buck, leaving other people to clean up the mess.

They may have got away with it in this time, but its more luck than judgement.

Who knows what resentment the movie may have instilled in "some", its no different to the religious indoctrination that seems to plague the world ATM.

I'm glad it has flopped because it means less will have seen it.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

We are still having to deal with the repercussions of Mel Gibsons misguided Braveheart.

http://www.medievalists.net/2014/08/braveheart-scottish-independence/

Holywood needs to learn when to STFU

20 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Its the political and social fallout that a movie can create for the sake of quick buck, leaving other people to clean up the mess.

They may have got away with it in this time, but its more luck than judgement.

Who knows what resentment the movie may have instilled in "some", its no different to the religious indoctrination that seems to plague the world ATM.

I'm glad it has flopped because it means less will have seen it.

Are you suggesting box office success of the film Detroit could lead to a Cal-Exit?

• Like 1