cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

Not to mention that if you don't pick the decisions I made in game, I'm not going to be happy.

Haha yeah, lots of decisions to make that could make some people happy and others upset.But CJohn has to change the ending for Mass Effect 3. I don't want some idiot StarChild showing up to say "This is how stuff must be." I have my own opinions on what could have gone down, though it would have required tinkering with other elements of the game for maximum effect.

• Community Manager

Haha yeah, lots of decisions to make that could make some people happy and others upset.But CJohn has to change the ending for Mass Effect 3. I don't want some idiot StarChild showing up to say "This is how stuff must be." I have my own opinions on what could have gone down, though it would have required tinkering with other elements of the game for maximum effect.

You shouldn't be going for maximum effect but mass effect!Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
  • Like 1

Well, I'm grabbing rights to Portal, since I have a slight idea how to make a movie off of it... Also, I don't want CJohn to have it. ;)

I also thought of Portal, but I had no idea on how to make a movie of it. You just go from place to place solving puzzles. Edited by CJohn

Crazy idea for Mass Effect: Instead of adapting directly from the games, create a new story depicting events outside of the game. Some possibilities include Earth first encouneting the Asai, Turians, etc., the Batarian Blitz prior to the first game, and so on.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but did Alpha just claim SEVEN Nintendo franchises? Like, are we allowed to do that?I'm willing to let Metroid appear in an all-inclusive Nintendo universe film but only after I've released a stand alone Metroid film...my issue would be that the Nintendo universe film would be the first iteration of Samus instead of my own film. I'd also have to approve the final version of the film and maybe make some changes to how Samus is portrayed.

Edited by Hunch

Just so no one has a monopoly over all of the gaming franchises, I claim Borderlands. :ph34r:What I was thinking of doing is putting the four original vault hunters as the main characters, and drawing out the events of Borderlands 1-2 into four movies. The other four characters from Borderlands 2 would still play a big role in the film.

Since someone was making MTG films, when it comes to Magic The Gathering I own the following:RavnicaLorwynShards of AlaraKamigawaI think some of these worlds made appearances in the first Planeswalkers film...I wasn't here so that's fine, but I'd ask whoever it was that was making those films not to focus too much on these worlds in the next ones because I might revisit those franchises, especially Kamigawa which was the least successful/acclaimed in the old CAYOM and therefore has the most room for improvement...plus I totally white-washed it by casting Tobey Maguire as the lead in the middle of an all-Asian cast, lol. Cultural appropiation, etc. My plan in the old CAYOM was to eventually do a film that spanned all those different universes with the second Alara film, but then the forums got deleted...damn you BOM admins...It should be noted I did not claim all those in the span of 10 minutes, but over literally decades of game years, and no one had adapted MTG before I did.

Edited by Hunch

I'm sorry but did Alpha just claim SEVEN Nintendo franchises? Like, are we allowed to do that?I'm willing to let Metroid appear in an all-inclusive Nintendo universe film but only after I've released a stand alone Metroid film...my issue would be that the Nintendo universe film would be the first iteration of Samus instead of my own film. I'd also have to approve the final version of the film and maybe make some changes to how Samus is portrayed.

I think I'll have Metroid planned for Year 10 or 11, so get the Metroid film out before then.

What do you mean "I'll have Metroid planned"? As in you want to make a Metroid film yourself? Because that's not happening. I'll get to it when I get to it, if I get to it, and you'll have to accommodate, if I even let you use the character.

What do you mean "I'll have Metroid planned"? As in you want to make a Metroid film yourself? Because that's not happening. I'll get to it when I get to it, if I get to it, and you'll have to accommodate, if I even let you use the character.

You sound so aggressive, calm down <_<