cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

The idea of distilling a multi-season story into a 2-2.5 hour piece just kinda irks me. Instead of doing that, it's far easier to just develop your own original story that while it may have some similar premises or elements, is still completely your own creation.

At one point, when I was thinking of doing inFamous, I had Andrew Stanton as director.

I thought of Andrew Stanton, but I ended with D.J. Caruso because I liked Disturbia and I Am Number Four. But I may change this decision since I am planning inFamous for Year 8... Edited by CJohn

The idea of distilling a multi-season story into a 2-2.5 hour piece just kinda irks me. Instead of doing that, it's far easier to just develop your own original story that while it may have some similar premises or elements, is still completely your own creation.

The problem is, creating an original story for such a beloved show is freaking hard. If I fail at doing that, then I will be laughed of the face of the forums.Also, the first film would be an adaptation of the first season.

I mean making your own original story that has nothing to do with the show.If you want to make a film about a terrorist sleeper agent, by all means make it. But don't have anything to do with Homeland at all, make it entirely your own.

I mean making your own original story that has nothing to do with the show.If you want to make a film about a terrorist sleeper agent, by all means make it. But don't have anything to do with Homeland at all, make it entirely your own.

Then why would you call it Homeland?

Don't tie in Sonic with the NCU. He's Sega through and through. ;)

He appeared in Smash Bros. Brawl, so I don't see why not.Also being included:MetroidKirbyEarthboundStar FoxFire EmblemKid IcarusPikminIt's up to Impact if he wants to do Mario or Zelda. That will decide the fate of the NCU.

Just saying: Sonic is a guest fighter, and if you're doing Smash Bros. movies, the first one should "based" off the original Smash Bros. Wait for the third movie to get into Brawl characters.

Meh, it is (partially) my creation, so I can do what I want.

Yep, cOllaboration is key in this game. In fact, Spark wouldn't have been as good as it was had I not sent a first draft to riczhang and for feedback.

Yup. Blank actually just read my draft for Last Ditch Effort and gave me some really good advice. Oh, and there's a press release coming about the movie soon. Probably tonight. Edited by riczhang

I am doing Mario and Zelda.Also-Fox is iffy, it works better animated.(I did do a Star Fox trilogy in the old CAYOM)And Pokemon would work better then Pikimin but 48 has the rights.Hunch has the rights to Metroid.