cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

The fact that something doesn't appear in studio plans currently doesn't mean the player doesn't intend to make films about them.For example, I own the rights to Bioshock, but I have multiple video game franchise adaptations going on at the moment and I want to go the course with those franchises before starting up a new one. I probably won't make a Bioshock film until Year 10 or 11 at the earliest and that's too far in the future to put as a definite "studio plan."

The only thing stopping me from claiming Halo to save it from CJohn is that Master Chief is a blank character until Halo 3 (and it's not until Halo 4 that he really starts to get depth) and I doubt a film not featuring Master Chief would do big business.Actually...screw it, I need to save it from CJohn, I'm taking it. :PIt'll be some game years before I can start to make it because of my plans through Year 9, but I must protect it! Plus I made some Halo spinoff films in the original CAYOM so it feels right to revisit it.

Edited by 4815162342

He has Pokemon. And apparently Halo.

Dragon Age, and Starcraft since SilverShark passed the rights on to me. And someone took Mass Effect which I will monitor closely.But I am set now since nothing else is really out there I am such a fan of I would want to adapt to film.

I am also releasing my rights of Yu-Gi-Oh (only when I thinked on making it a couple of days ago I realized how stupid my idea was) and Daredevil (I don't know enough of the character to make a movie of it).

Dragon Age, and Starcraft since SilverShark passed the rights on to me. And someone took Mass Effect which I will monitor closely.

But I am set now since nothing else is really out there I am such a fan of I would want to adapt to film.

:ph34r:

• Community Manager

I am also releasing my rights of Yu-Gi-Oh (only when I thinked on making it a couple of days ago I realized how stupid my idea was) and Daredevil (I don't know enough of the character to make a movie of it).

This is why you don't take movies left and right. :P
  • Like 2

:ph34r:

Oh yeah it was you. I will be keeping a careful eye on you.The first Mass Effect game is hard to mess up since the overall plot is simple enough (you should compress Feros and Therum into a single location) and can fit into a single movie. But Mass Effects 2 and 3 are HUGE in scale and would require 2 films to adequately cover the main plot of each film.

• Community Manager

Oh yeah it was you. I will be keeping a careful eye on you.The first Mass Effect game is hard to mess up since the overall plot is simple enough (you should compress Feros and Therum into a single location) and can fit into a single movie. But Mass Effects 2 and 3 are HUGE in scale and would require 2 films to adequately cover the main plot of each film.

Not to mention that if you don't pick the decisions I made in game, I'm not going to be happy.
  • Like 1