cookie

CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread

I am doing Mario and Zelda.Also-Fox is iffy, it works better animated.(I did do a Star Fox trilogy in the old CAYOM)And Pokemon would work better then Pikimin but 48 has the rights.Hunch has the rights to Metroid.

Every film I make will be CGI animated.Also, it depends on if someone is actually making the film. Numbers is actually making a Pokemon franchise, so that's a no (Numbers actually has given me permission to use Pokemon characters, but not a film) Hunch probably won't make Metroid in the near future, so it's likely that rights would be obtainable.Also, this is not definite, but you can write Mario and Zelda, I write the others. The Smash Bros. film is a collaborative project. Deal? Edited by Alpha

Is it possible to claim rights for The Chronicles of Narnia? It looks like the next movie is in development hell...

I've already got dibs on that. I posted it back a few pages ago. And yup. Developmental hell is exactly what the next one is going through. Movie rights have been put into moratorium by Lewis's estate until 2018. Then there's production and etc. which will take years again. Edited by riczhang

Every film I make will be CGI animated.Also, it depends on if someone is actually making the film. Numbers is actually making a Pokemon franchise, so that's a no (Numbers actually has given me permission to use Pokemon characters, but not a film) Hunch probably won't make Metroid in the near future, so it's likely that rights would be obtainable.Also, this is not definite, but you can write Mario and Zelda, I write the others. The Smash Bros. film is a collaborative project. Deal?

Now that you mention it, I'm actually going to keep the Metroid rights. Ueka saying how he re-wrote films from BOM CAYOM has inspired me to maybe re-visit and make better films I released in that game including the Metroid trilogy. If nothing comes of it then I'll give up the rights, no point in retaining something I'm not going to make.Same goes for Shards of Alara (the MTG expansion). Edited by Hunch

Now that you mention it, I'm actually going to keep the Metroid rights. Ueka saying how he re-wrote films from BOM CAYOM has inspired me to maybe re-visit and make better films I released in that game including the Metroid trilogy. If nothing comes of it then I'll give up the rights, no point in retaining something I'm not going to make.Same goes for Shards of Alara (the MTG expansion).

Fuck you won't.

Can we please have some civility? No need to get snippy or swear at people. We're all human beings capable and intelligent enough to carry out civil conversations and negotiate our needs. We don't have a mental age of 5 here.

• Like 1

Can we please have some civility? No need to get snippy or swear at people. We're all human beings capable and intelligent enough to carry out civil conversations and negotiate our needs. We don't have a mental age of 5 here.

We are? :thinking:
  • Like 1

As I said loooonng time ago I´ll take the rights.. I don´t care for Pandaria, I´ll focus on the "War of the Ancients" trilogy and vanilla, BC and WotLK.So be ready for new WarCraft films in the future :ph34r:

War of the Ancients? Hell yes! Frozen Throne? Hell yes!WoW expansions? HELL NO!

I'm trying to insert a comma into "Fuck you won't" to make it a coherent statement but it's not working. English please.

But since you had literally NO plans to make a Metroid film before I announced I was making a Nintendo Cinematic Universe. Unless you want Metroid to be a part of NCU.

War of the Ancients? Hell yes! Frozen Throne? Hell yes!WoW expansions? HELL NO!

Well I´ll do a War of the Ancients trilogy... and maybe a trilogy to vanilla, Burning Crusade ending in Wrath of the Lich King (but better ending than the expansion itself). I think they were done pretty good even if they end some very good characters. Project WarCraft will start sometimes around Y7 or Y8.

I've already got dibs on that. I posted it back a few pages ago. And yup. Developmental hell is exactly what the next one is going through. Movie rights have been put into moratorium by Lewis's estate until 2018. Then there's production and etc. which will take years again.

I don't see anything in your studio plans. Can I have them please?

Its just hard to use only Frozen Throne.... but I got an idea right now... Arthas trilogy? what about that?

I think you could smush Frozen Throne into 2 films that mostly focuses on Arthas, Illidan, the other Stormrage brother, and the Elf woman they both like (my memory fails me on names). Maybe work Jaina Proudmore in it somehow.The Blood Elf campaign you can mostly forget about.

• Community Manager

But since you had literally NO plans to make a Metroid film before I announced I was making a Nintendo Cinematic Universe. Unless you want Metroid to be a part of NCU.

Doesn't matter. He still has rights. Generally ten years has to pass of no movies before the rights are released back to the public. So you're going to either actually come up with an agreement with Hunch or Metroid belongs to him.

I don't see anything in your studio plans. Can I have them please?

I claimed them page 6 of this thread. They're only not on the studio plans thread because some people on here thought that since the franchise appears to be continuing that I shouldn't get the rights to make them here. I'm working on convincing people, and I do fully plan on making the movies.