WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Aronofsky in the future. Noah was regarded as a major disappointment, and now mother! (which definitely isn't crossing $20M in total now) is looking to be regarded as an even bigger one despite having a much smaller budget. Don't see a major studio funding another one of his projects any time soon.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I think Lionsgate is actually having a pretty solid 2017, all things considered. THB was a big hit, John Wick 2 was a big hit, La La Land made the greater bulk of its money this year and it was a MASSIVE hit, The Shack overperformed big time, The Big Sick did very well, now American Assassin is doing ok too.... not bad, Lionsgate. Yeah, Power Rangers flopped, but one failure doesn't negate their overall pretty good year. And they still have Jigsaw, Madea Halloween 2, My Little Pony and some potential awards season hits (Wonder and Last Flag Flying) coming their way.

I agree. After power rangers a lot of folks wrote them off, myself included but they've had a pretty solid 2017 given their slate of films. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Someone dig up the post where I said mother! would outgross It.

Please just do it so we can get this shit out of the way.

I'll spare you from the humiliation for now, but someone else will probably find it anyway so I mean this is kinda pointless

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I think Lionsgate is actually having a pretty solid 2017, all things considered. THB was a big hit, John Wick 2 was a big hit, La La Land made the greater bulk of its money this year and it was a MASSIVE hit, The Shack overperformed big time, The Big Sick did very well, now American Assassin is doing ok too.... not bad, Lionsgate. Yeah, Power Rangers flopped, but one failure doesn't negate their overall pretty good year. And they still have Jigsaw, Madea Halloween 2, My Little Pony and some potential awards season hits (Wonder and Last Flag Flying) coming their way.

@CJohn thoughts?

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Power Rangers is a flop, but not for them. They were likely in the green as soon as it hit homevideo and VOD.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Aronofsky in the future. Noah was regarded as a major disappointment, and now mother! (which definitely isn't crossing $20M in total now) is looking to be regarded as an even bigger one despite having a much smaller budget. Don't see a major studio funding another one of his projects any time soon.

Noah was a pretty big hit c'mon now. It did 363M WW on a 125M budget. mother! sure, it is a flop, I agree. He has another project set at Paramount, we will see if that moves forward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

@CJohn thoughts?

Literally defended them one post after this one lmao.

The biggest flop they had this year was All Eyez On Me easily. 40M budget + marketing and only 44M DOM total. It seems that was barely released OS at all so no "WE COVERED OUR ASS" kind of nonsense from that one either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Disappointed in you.  I expected you to go full CJohn on them.  Saving your energy for Paramount I assume?

Paramount is at peak incompetence level. It is bomb after bomb after mega bomb after franchise implosion. JLaw and Dwayne haven't had a bomb in years. Guess where they had to make a movie to have one? Paramount. It is a massive trainwreck and you can't stop looking.

They make Sony and Lionsgate look good in comparison tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Noah was a pretty big hit c'mon now. It did 363M WW on a 125M budget. mother! sure, it is a flop, I agree. He has another project set at Paramount, we will see if that moves forward.

Only when you factor in its overseas total, though. Domestically it was considered somewhat of a flop (it literally died after opening weekend and most people didn't care for the movie itself).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Paramount is at peak incompetence level. It is bomb after bomb after mega bomb after franchise implosion. JLaw and Dwayne haven't had a bomb in years. Guess where they had to make a movie to have one? Paramount. It is a massive trainwreck and you can't stop looking.

Never change CJohn <3

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh come on. Without JLaw, mother! wouldn't have even been financed (by anyone), period.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1