WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

Saw Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I actually enjoyed it. The action sequences were as great as ever, and the reasoning for bringing back Firth's character wasn't as absurd as I thought it was gonna be. Not as good as the first, a bit too overstuffed and long, but a solid enough follow-up nonetheless. Hope it makes over 100m domestically, I wouldn't mind another installment. 

• Like 6
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

In regards to KFP3, had China not been so huge, it would done dropped a lot more as it underperformed in most markets. I suspect DWA thought KFP3 would be a billion dollar grosser.

Definitely. I'm sure they thought it was gonna even better in China then it did. The film's actually solid though, and I think it should have done better then it did, but sequel fatique striked. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Saw Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I actually enjoyed it. The action sequences were as great as ever, and the reasoning for bringing back Firth's character wasn't as absurd as I thought it was gonna be. Not as good as the first, a bit too overstuffed and long, but a solid enough follow-up nonetheless. Hope it makes over 100m domestically, I wouldn't mind another installment. 

That would be actually be my only compliant. It did feel pretty overstuffed. Couldn't imagine seeing what was cut out. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Definitely. I'm sure they thought it was gonna even better in China then it did. The film's actually solid though, and I think it should have done better then it did, but sequel fatique striked. 

Releasing the film 5 years after the second film didn’t help either. 

Edited by Jonwo

Ninjago is WAG's worst movie but it's easily not the worst animated movie of the year. Hell, of this summer's animations, it tops them all except Captain Underpants.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, Water Bottle said:

I can't imagine Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was that great. The trailers made it seem very much for kids only. 

You should give it a shot. I had the same reactions to the trailers when I was in seventh grade but we ended up seeing it because there was nothing out and I still find it hilarious, altho Lord/Miller's weakest film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

So at this rate, if IT holds a little better next weekend and drops about 45%, it should be at around 293-295 million, so that means it should cross 300 million on October 6th.  Looking like a 320-325 finish unless late legs are really good.

It should re-expand by Halloween 

22 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

1. ...that makes you mad?

2. We haven't seen the movie, it seems odd to claim an aspect ratio isn't "justified". (As if you need to justify it in the first place).

Stylistically it looks like it doesn't fit with the other films. That's all. It annoys me when it's a different aspect ratio than the other trailers. The mad thing is about Cyborg being it tbh

22 hours ago, Mulder said:

They figured they'd reign themselves in for the movie. They didn't and refused to change their method so Lucasfilm had to let them go.

They were literally hired because Kasdan wanted to see their voice on the project. Why hire them for their voice if they wanted it to be Kasdan's script?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

seeing how tele jr made it through that but left Cars 3 after 40 min, it's clear Underpants is better than that at least

I think Tele Jr wanted to walk out of Cars 3, if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Stylistically it looks like it doesn't fit with the other films. That's all. It annoys me when it's a different aspect ratio than the other trailers. The mad thing is about Cyborg being it tbh

They were literally hired because Kasdan wanted to see their voice on the project. Why hire them for their voice if they wanted it to be Kasdan's script?

Too bad they (allegedly) were giant dicks. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

19 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Lmao I can't wait 

If it gets an F score, it'll join the list of 20 movies with that score:

1) Eye of Beholder

2) Dr T and the Women

3) Lost Souls

4) Lucky Numbers

5) Solaris

6) Fear Dot Com

7) Darkness

8) In the Cut

9) Alone in The Dark

10) Wolf Creek

11) The Wicker Man

12) Bug

13) I Know Who Killed Me

14) Disaster Movie

15) The Box

16) Silent House

17) The Devil Inside

18) Killing Them Softly

19) Mother

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Presumably when they were hired it was because there was a shared vision as to how the movie would turn out and there was an assumed mutual understanding

Maybe that vision, as exciting in theory, turned out to not be that great in execution and they resisted having to change approach? Maybe they walked back on what the original understanding was?  Or maybe there was a mutual misunderstanding as to vision the whole time. We'll never know for sure.

• Thanks 1