WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

36 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

@Alli all of your films that you root against seem to connect with one another.  First was Passengers, which you connected with Jon Spaihts' next film, The Mummy, and you're now connecting Tom Cruise in The Mummy to American Made.  is this all leading up to you rooting against The Last Jedi because Domhnall Gleeson is in both movies?

False! I'm not rooting against films just because i made an UNDER club about it. especially since this one has pretty good reviews.  It just that i feel there's no hype for the movie. it already flopped OS where cruise is bigger draw.

about the mummy: yeah i sensed it would be trash when i learned who the writer and director were. but i was not rooting against it. i would have been happy to be proven wrong

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

That mother!  drop is much much smaller than I expected.

Wasn't this absolutely hated by audiences?  :winomg:

I guess people are curious to see how much it sucks

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can someone explain to me Napoleon's beef with Matthew Vaughn?

He is the supposed hot pick to direct a new                    movie, which will be hopeful and colorful and seemingly different from the current dark and mopey and unpopular rendition of that same SH.

So put 2 and 2 together :lol:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

R-rated films have been #1 for 7 straight wks now w/ #Kingsman following #ITMovie, #HitmansBodyguard & #AnnabelleCreation.

Not surprising. Although I've seen famalies show up in large groups at a few r-rated films this year. Specifically Logan and IT.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm talking strictly quality here, and I don't trust Illumination for that. And they've already screwed up a Dr. Seuss adaptation with The Lorax before, soooo.... but I don't doubt that The Grinch will be a huge hit. I don't get the "300M+ DOM is a lock" predictions that I've read, because it really isn't due to the competition it has to face that could kill its legs a little bit - not to mention I thought at least one of Moana and Sing was a surefire thing to hit those numbers and neither did - but I would call it a strong possibility if anything.

The Grinch will likely make over 200m domestically, but it also won't go great business overseas, since the Seuss films are very N.A. centric, as well. 

It would be nice if IT went up slightly from estimates but not a big deal if doesn't. The film is doing great.

Kingsman 2's opening is okay but I know a better reviewed film would have opened larger and made more than the first overall. Due to lesser comp in it's second weekend it could crawl over a 100mil. 

Mother did what everyone knew it would do, drop hard due to bad word of mouth. Still don't think an art movie, even a big budget one, flopping is that big a deal but I'm in the minority on that one.

American Assassin follows up a so-so opening for it's genre with a terrible drop for it's genre. Not a flop or anything but not the Dylan O Brien breakout adult film that some tried to pretend either.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Vaughn legs (wide releases)

Kings1 3.54x (128.26/36.21) 2015

FC 2.66x (146.4/55.1) 2011

Kick-Ass 2.42x (48.07/19.83) 2010

Stardust 4.21x (38.63/9.17) 2007

Best 5 X-Men legs

X1 2.89x (157.3/54.5) 2000

FC 2.66x (146.4/55.1) 2011

Logan 2.56x (226.3/88.4) 2017

X2 2.51x (215.0/85.6) 2003

TW 2.50x (132.6/53.1) 2013

Edited by a2knet

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Dexter's Lab is on another level imo.

Definitely one of the top 20 tv cartoons of all time.

Samurai Jack is even better, and his magnum opus. Dexter's Lab is great too though.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

In regards to Grinch, the live action film itsnt great so they really can’t do worse. 

Aardman hasn’t been released many films but they have been good to great. Their weakest film is Flushed Away but DWA meddled with that. Their best film is still Chicken Run

I think Curse of The Were Rabbit is there best, but I also really like Chicken's Run. I actually saw that in the cinemas when it first came out.

• Like 1