WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

One of WB's main 'silos' just blew a tire this weekend. I thought Ninjago was completely fine but it's not a memorable movie by any stretch, and if there's already a TV show on the air families aren't gonna spend the $100 to go out for more. 

Meh for Kingsman, but could've been worse all things considered. It can still sneak past 100M DOM, albeit it's gonna be tough. It's looking very strongly OS, though. May do 350-400M WW, which is great for the budget and would almost lock down a Kingsman 3.

Ninjago managed to negatively blow through pessimistic expectations. A lower OW than Storks? Wow, that's rock bottom levels of bombage. My condolences, @YourMother and WB's beautiful hot streak since Wonder Woman (Blade Runner will put things back in place for you).

It with another solid hold, will probably stall at around 345-350M if I were a betting man. If it winds up at 350M, it'll have literally done 10x its production budget... and that's in North America alone. WW, it's looking at a potential 700M+ finish. That would EASILY put it among the most profitable films ever made in Hollywood, if not #1 in that list.

Friend Request.... LMAO XD KKKKK.

Home Again pretty solid once more, Reese really got dem legs. American Assassin unsurprisingly mediocre. mother!.... in theory, a bad drop for a movie that opened below 8M, but for what it was expected to do, that's actually not that bad at all. I guess curiosity towards the controversy is drawing some people there. Still a big old bomb, no other word fits it better.

Logan Lucky, Annabelle 2 and Wind River all badly victimized by the massive theater drops, but props to Hitman's Bodyguard and Leap! for having solid holds despite also having bad theater drops AND competition opening up.

Battle Of The Sexes stellar. Victoria & Abdul pretty solid too. Stronger not bad for a sub 600 opener.

Let's hope that American Made breaks out. Let the Doug Liman wipe us all with his STYLE~!

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Matthew Vaughn the franchise killer. Maybe Bryan Singer can save this one too?

"The franchise killer" who happened to give the X-Men CPR with First Class (CPR that Bryan Singer himself threw to waste with the enjoyable but forgettable Apocalypse, despite DOFP and Deadpool rocketing the X-Men back to mass popularity). And made Kingsman popular in the 1st place.

He's directing MOS 2. Snyder isn't. Boo hoo, get over it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Logan Lucky, Annabelle 2 and Wind River all badly victimized by the massive theater drops, but props to Hitman's Bodyguard and Leap! for having solid holds despite also having bad theater drops AND competition opening up

Annabelle and Logan have harsher theater's count drop than any here. Almost 70%. Crazy.

Hitman has -38%. Huge difference.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Now I'm really curious (seriously) as to what mother! will end up with. 

Hmm....

Remainder of this week: 1.3M (14.7M Total)

Sep 29: 1.8M (700k weekdays, 17.2M Total)

Oct 6: 700k (300k weekdays, 18.2M Total)

Final Total: 20M (2.67x)

• Like 1

It's kinda crazy to think David Gordon Green is going from Stronger to the new Halloween movie. But I guess it's also crazy when you consider he also did Pineapple Express, Your Highness The Sitter, Joe, and Our Brand Is Crisis. Talk about range as a director.

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

A 44% drop for mother! is far too generous.  It's gonna lose a shit ton of theaters this week.

Nah, it'll lose 600 or so at most. Midsize theaters don't really have a reason to get rid of it, especially if they aren't getting the Pure Flix joint or Til Death Do Us Part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was a bit perplexed how Friend Request made it to $2.4M off its OD, and I found the answer

7 FRIEND REQUESTEntertainment Studios2,573 $750,000-- / $291$750,000 / 1 $850,000+13.3% / $330$1,600,000 / 2 $800,000-5.9% / $311$2,400,000 / 3

a 6% drop in September? Gonna lose close to $400k with actuals.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

That's all I expected. And it delivered well on that front. I think I enjoyed it as much as the first. 

I'm starting to really dislike some of these critics that simply refuse to evaluate a movie outside of their own bubble.  It's unfortunate if they dissuaded people who would have really enjoyed this one at the theater because it was almost exactly what I expected also.

20 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It's kinda crazy to think David Gordon Green is going from Stronger to the new Halloween movie. But I guess it's also crazy when you consider he also did Pineapple Express, Your Highness The Sitter, Joe, and Our Brand Is Crisis. Talk about range as a director.

Stronger is a solid drama. I'm cautiously optimistic about Halloween. Just hoping he can deliver scares. Between Mamma and IT,  Andy Muschietti clearly can't. 

20 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

That's all I expected. And it delivered well on that front. I think I enjoyed it as much as the first. 

Me too! Hope they make enough to do a third. 

Just noticed this still has China ($75m), South Korea ($47m) to open, two massive markets for the first film. A third still might be able to happen. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@YourMother

"The franchise killer" who happened to give the X-Men CPR with First Class (CPR that Bryan Singer himself threw to waste with the enjoyable but forgettable Apocalypse, despite DOFP and Deadpool rocketing the X-Men back to mass popularity).

That is completely wrong, First Class was - and still is - the lowest X-Men movie at the box office. It is Bryan Singer coming back with DOFP that resurrected the franchise.

• Like 2