aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

blade runner probably my favourite movie of the year. war for apes was wack. logan pretty cool. 

honestly none of the oscar baity stuff is really lighting my fire in terms of interest this year except shape of water. i'm more excited for episode viii than i was for the last two though.

Yeah Shape of Water and perhaps the Post are the only two I'm looking forward to seeing. Maybe Peach Jizz too, I don't know.

As for Ep VIII, I'm less excited for it than the last two, yet I'm 90%  confident it'll be better than the other two. So...I guess we'll see how the new trailer does with getting me hyped.

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

put more youtube stars in movies. shoulda been pewdiepie instead of gosling. that's what the kids like.

I mean it can be done the right way like when Lynch saw the English language in 24 accents video on YouTube and cast the guy in Twin Peaks as 2017's greatest superhero.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Yeah kind of a random pick of 3... Should have added Kong, Power Rangers, GITS etc. 

I clearly picked those films because of their quality. I love love love Power Rangers but again it isn't a franchise film

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I mean it can be done the right way like when Lynch saw the English language in 24 accents video on YouTube and cast the guy in Twin Peaks as 2017's greatest superhero.

wait, iron fist is a youtube star?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Wonder Woman is also very good. Not as good as the other three

Liked it more than Apes and Logan. As I rewatched Logan, I felt more indifference than I did the first time, and I already wasn't as high on it as some. Apes was something I admired more than liked, maybe I was tired and not in the right mindset, but I've never rewatched a single Apes movie from the new franchise.

Wonder Woman is...often silly. But when it's working, I'll remember those scenes for a good bit. Personally my favorite superhero film in a long time.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah Shape of Water and perhaps the Post are the only two I'm looking forward to seeing. Maybe Peach Jizz too, I don't know.

As for Ep VIII, I'm less excited for it than the last two, yet I'm 90%  confident it'll be better than the other two. So...I guess we'll see how the new trailer does with getting me hyped.

"Peach Jizz"? :kitschjob:

Official title? :sparta:

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I clearly picked those films because of their quality. I love love love Power Rangers but again it isn't a franchise film

How is BR2049 a franchise film but Power Rangers isn't? They were both made to start a franchise. Quality films is a touchy subject.. not gonna go there. People love a film but people can hate that same film.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

"Peach Jizz"? :kitschjob:

Official title? :sparta:

Maybe @aabattery can tell us if it was officially in the film since its based off a book. I'm just there for Timothy Chalalegend's takeover of Hollywood

Oh wait, thread banned :hahaha:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Liked it more than Apes and Logan. As I rewatched Logan, I felt more indifference than I did the first time, and I already wasn't as high on it as some. Apes was something I admired more than liked, maybe I was tired and not in the right mindset, but I've never rewatched a single Apes movie from the new franchise.

Wonder Woman is...often silly. But when it's working, I'll remember those scenes for a good bit. Personally my favorite superhero film in a long time.

Wondy kinda loses a bit of steam for me in the third act when it goes all spectacle and kind of undercuts its own awesome twist that they just put in play.

Just now, Cookson said:

How is BR2049 a franchise film but Power Rangers isn't? They were both made to start a franchise. Quality films is a touchy subject.. not gonna go there. People love a film but people can hate that same film.

Blade Runner is a sequel. Power Rangers is decidedly not a sequel or connected to any preexisting film in any way shape or form.

Under-50 dom Tom Cruise movies that opened/expanded to 2000+ theaters:

Rock of Ages WB (NL) $38,518,613 3,470 $14,437,269 3,470 6/15/12
  Lions for Lambs UA $15,002,854 2,216 $6,702,434 2,215 11/9/07

Under-50 dom Tom Cruise movies that opened/expanded to 1000+ theaters:

Magnolia NL $22,455,976 1,086 $193,604 7 12/17/99
Legend Uni. $15,502,112 1,187 $4,261,154 1,187 4/18/86
The Outsiders WB $25,697,647 1,002 $5,068,165 829 3/25/83

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Blade Runner is a sequel. Power Rangers is decidedly not a sequel or connected to any preexisting film in any way shape or form.

So Valerian is a franchise film?

Edit(thought Valerian was on your list haha)

Edited by Cookson

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

blade runner probably my favourite movie of the year. war for apes was wack. logan pretty cool. 

honestly none of the oscar baity stuff is really lighting my fire in terms of interest this year except shape of water. i'm more excited for episode viii than i was for the last two though.

It's happening!

Coolio is becoming a fanboy.

The daily doses of LSD and mental conditioning are working.

Wait..I've said too much.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1