aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Had to go back to that old MI conversation in the CC thread to find my scientific ranking graph and it's pretty interesting how Ethan has the worst takes on the franchise despite basing his username on it.

• Founder / Operator
1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

MI4: Ghost Protocol is one of the best action films of all time.

For me, the franchise has really hit its stride with the last 3 films. Each has its own unique qualities that make it stand out for different reasons, but I've really come to realize how much I love Rogue Nation's sense of intimacy and character work that's been steadily building since M:I-3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

For me, the franchise has really hit its stride with the last 3 films. Each has its own unique qualities that make it stand out for different reasons, but I've really come to realize how much I love Rogue Nation's sense of intimacy and character work that's been steadily building since M:I-3.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy Rogue Nation for some reason. I do agree that the whole franchise has finally found it's stride. It feels a lot smarter and a lot more confident than the first two films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I was 15, thank you very much.

Wait, I'm not helping my case, am I?

Hah I was 15 too. I remember wrapping up my Sophomore year finals and racing down to the movies to catch it. Best start of summer vacation ever.

• Like 1

randomly browing hsx...

Very pleased to see this, audiences not being fooled by pretentious, boring BS. {nm} skunkrunner on Oct 07

https://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3#ixzz4usMcUmLh

That's just one opinion but the word has been associated with the Prometheus saga and Mother! too....A:C, Mother!, BR2049 do give a vibe of that nature I guess. Where the audience feels like it's instructed/lectured/taught/etc. too much.

Edited by a2knet

BR2049 is a great film for me but the length is slightly over long, much better if it is at 2h.

I do feel that the marketing and trailers are a bit misleading for GA as those casual moviegoers around my area expect action sci-fi but ended up do not like the movie, critisizing it’s draggy and bored.