Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

What's happening on Pulse, yesterday is was all HDD but today I'm seeing way more BRs and Forigners selling.

Happy Death Day was heavily boosted by the Friday the 13th gimmick yesterday. Nighttime business will pick up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

BTW Deadline says Breathe did $12K yesterday for a $3K theater average. Can you say "DOA?"

People made the argument that Garfield had a better chance of getting nominated than Gyllenhaal because of box office. I don't see that happening now. This movie is getting alot worse reviews.

Breathe looks horrendous. Every time the corny ass trailer gets to him saying "I don't want to survive, I want to live!!" like it's some original inspiring thing, I crack up. What a bunch of schlock.

44 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

IT should’ve been released in August, not only because it would have lack of competition plus summer weekdays, but especially because the movie as a whole fit perfectly well in Summer, it is a summer movie released in the wrong season, if it were a summer release, it could’ve challenged Deadpool, IMO.

Annabelle: Creation could work as a May release, since this month didn’t have anything apart of GOTG2 anyway. 

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Er, Pirates?

Alien: Covenant EXISTS lol. Don't see Annabelle passing 100M in May. Not sure about 80M either. It happened because August was so desolate. With GotG2 and the decently reviewed other A: C in May, not as many people may have been as willing to forgive Creation for its predecessor.

I'm sure WB's also happy with It nuking September records.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

People made the argument that Garfield had a better chance of getting nominated than Gyllenhaal because of box office. I don't see that happening now. This movie is getting alot worse reviews.

Breathe looks horrendous. Every time the corny ass trailer gets to him saying "I don't want to survive, I want to live!!" like it's some original inspiring thing, I crack up. What a bunch of schlock.

Breathe looks like it should've been called "The Theory of Everything Lite" (and that's saying something when that movie was already the "lite"-est possible depiction of its subjects).

So thinking is hard for you? Then I'm really sorry for you and all dumb kids who ruin the industry by supporting pos over good movies.

Pretentious support for BR2049 only rivals Pixar fan-boys.

Business Plan: Make an over-budget niche sequel to an over-budget niche flop. Only longer and slower.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to buy into the whole Disney are evil, greedy bastards and creatively draining with shitty films crowd, (especially when everything outside of their live action arm is good to excellent in terms of quality) but I don't like some of their practices. May 2018 is example. Having both Avengers and Star Wars scares off like everything else in May.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Not to buy into the whole Disney are evil, greedy bastards and creatively draining with shitty films crowd, (especially when everything outside of their live action arm is good to excellent in terms of quality) but I don't like some of their practices. May 2018 is example. Having both Avengers and Star Wars scares off like everything else in May.

May 2018 doesn't look that empty. It also has a Melissa McCarthy comedy (Life of the Party) and A Star is Born (which I imagine the studio must really like what they're seeing if they moved it up from a late September release to a prime summer spot), both with breakout potential.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Breathe looks like it should've been called "The Theory of Everything Lite" (and that's saying something when that movie was already the "lite"-est possible depiction of its subjects).

ToE is the only reason Breathe got Oscar chatter (or got greenlit I'm sure). Glad critics aren't falling for that shtick again. Though I still cannot believe the Academy took the ToE bait that late in the game. I guess old habits do die hard.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

May 2018 doesn't look that empty. It also has a Melissa McCarthy comedy (Life of the Party) and A Star is Born (which I imagine the studio must really like what they're seeing if they moved it up from a late September release to a prime summer spot), both with breakout potential.

According to an EW journalist, the second half is a mess right now. There's still time for that to change through editing, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

12 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

ToE is the only reason Breathe got Oscar chatter (or got greenlit I'm sure). Glad critics aren't falling for that shtick again. Though I still cannot believe the Academy took the ToE bait that late in the game. I guess old habits do die hard.

ToE was well-received enough critically. I'm not surprised the academy "fell" for it, so to say.

55 minutes ago, filmlover said:

One of the AwardsWatch podcasters called Breathe the "Dollar Store Theory of Everything", it looks like even prestige audiences agreed. LOL, the Best Actor race

Ouch for Professor Marston, what is Annapurna doing? Should have been in maybe 300-400 tops, but probably even less than that.

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

One of the AwardsWatch podcasters called Breathe the "Dollar Store Theory of Everything", it looks like even prestige audiences agreed. LOL, the Best Actor race

Ouch for Professor Marston, what is Annapurna doing? Should have been in maybe 300-400 tops, but probably even less than that.

Yeah, Breathe will be lucky to even make $1M now. Add in mediocre reviews and its Oscar chances are deader than dead.

Annapurna clearly has a lot of learning to do. At this rate, they will definitely be closing their doors soon.

• Like 1

Dunkirk

Domestic Total as of Oct. 12, 2017:$187,400,175

any chance for dunkirk > interstellar? 

Although both movie did about the same, i still find interstellar run be more impressive with its higher IMAX share(36% at one point) and incredible late legs, interstellar had wonderful thanksgiving days return while dunkirk has labor day but interstellar edge out dunkirk with christmas+new year holiday window....