Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think the Big Sick is a very well directed and scripted movie but Carrell is essentially playing his Dinner for Schmucks character straight. It's fucking awful. Christian Bale is bad too, very ticky and annoying. And Brad Pitt is boring as hell bad. Ryan Gosling, as usual, is great. Best actor in the movie easily.

i had a theory that brad pitt, who produced 12 years a slave and the big short, demanded he gets a scene where he spells out the moral of the movie to the audience in both.

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

Logan Lucky would probably be walking away with many nominations if I were in charge.

Hell yeeeeeea. Watched that shit a second time and it's just truly a joy. Gonna be in my top ten of the year easy unless the rest of the year is just astounding. That cast is all around terrific. Would win my ensemble award for sure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Han likes his performances judged by their two minute demo clips and not the entire impact of the character, based on that one.

he's got a pretty youthful superficial read on everything. it is what it is. we're all there once.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

The Artist is such a terrible film. It's the one film where I genuinely can't understand why anyone would like it, let alone love it. 

I can't understand how it was nominated for Best Picture, let alone won. 

split was just ok when i first saw it but it really doesn't sit well with me. the way m night handles the abuse stuff is thunderously idiotic. some of the worst writing of his career.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

I LOVVVVVEEEE Baby Driver but I don't think it's anywhere near the best of the year as far as any of the acting goes. I guess Foxx is pretty great maybe near the top for my supporting actor spot 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hell yeeeeeea. Watched that shit a second time and it's just truly a joy. Gonna be in my top ten of the year easy unless the rest of the year is just astounding. That cast is all around terrific. Would win my ensemble award for sure.

I felt good after watching LL. The :cloud9: of movies.