Alli

WEEKEND Box Office: BOO-21.6M; Geostorm-13.3M; OTB-6M; Snowman-3.4M

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Great Male actors under 30, where are they ?

Nick Hoult ?

Effron was pretty much the only star under 30 before he turned 30 this month (Danield Radcliffe is probably more well known, but not really interested in being a star it seam).

Now that Micheal B Jordan turned 30, the list is getting shorter.

Hoult with MadMax did show nice potential.

Other possible candidate:

Boyega

Jack O'Connell

Will Poulter (was great in Detroit imo)

Tye Sheridan

Alden Ehrenreich

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

He has great potential, could be a physical actor that use is body really well.

Hollywood is certainly very hot on/with(?) him.

Spiderman, Uncharted, a Doug Liman movie with Daisy Ridley.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hollywood is certainly very hot on/with(?) him.

Spiderman, Uncharted, a Doug Liman movie with Daisy Ridley.

I think so, Sony developing an Uncharted franchise around him even before Spider Man hit theater was a big sign.

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Tom Holland.

Too basic ?

Maybe, but I like him, kid has a great energy and screen presence to him, let s see how he develops.

In other news, Geostorm has decent reviews, and by that, I mean better reviews than

Mister Police

:apocalypse:

He was fantastic in The Impossible

I only saw it cause Naomi Watts was competing with JLaw eheh

Edited by XO21
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

The John Cusack one.

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That totally happened in 2012, so..... 2012 is my guess.

Thank you. This was really bugging me

RIP Gordon. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, B D Joe said:

Reviews killed what little chance The Snowman had.  People calling it the worst movie of the year.

Another movie to add to the watchlist. Probably won’t touch All Eyez On Me or Great Wall.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Effron was pretty much the only star under 30 before he turned 30 this month (Danield Radcliffe is probably more well known, but not really interested in being a star it seam).

Now that Micheal B Jordan turned 30, the list is getting shorter.

Hoult with MadMax did show nice potential.

Other possible candidate:

Boyega

Jack O'Connell

Will Poulter (was great in Detroit imo)

Tye Sheridan

Alden Ehrenreich

Jack O'Connell had such great raw charisma in Starred Up and '71. And then what did Hollywood have to give him? Unbroken, Money Monster and Tulip Fever. Sadly hilarious tbh, but I hope he comes back with quality material.

Add Timothee Chalamet to the list if the hype is to be believed. I don't know if Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a great actor but he showed in Nocturnal Animals that he can be one. Rory Culkin gave one of the best lead male performances in recent years in Gabriel, unfortunately barely anyone saw that movie. 

• Like 1

Just now, B D Joe said:

All Eyez on Me is just a rushed generic biopic.  It's not terrible.

Movie is garbage. The New Edition Biopic on BET had better production values. The man that played Biggie didn’t want to be there. The thing was rushed. The dialogue was shocking. The Marvin Sapp song that came on when 2pac got killed had me laughing way too hard. 

They had a good story (2 if they wanted to give us more Afeni), but the wasted potential just added for my distaste for the film. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Jack O'Connell had such great raw charisma in Starred Up and '71. And then what did Hollywood have to give him? Unbroken, Money Monster and Tulip Fever. Sadly hilarious tbh, but I hope he comes back with quality material.

Playing a real life war hero, in a lead role that was a good casting for him, in a big budget studio movie involving Coens/Deakins/Desplat/etc... Hard to consider that it was not a good opportunity, the movie doing over 100 million domestic shown that.

But true for money monster, was not using is forces (and I did not saw Tulip Fever but I would imagine)