Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

TFW there are like 10 people you know from previous classes in two classes AND someone you know in both

87q84.gif

Happens all the time in my classes.

T'is a fine feeling.

Edited by MrPink

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It happens to me basically every semester but NEVER on this level. Normally I'll have 3 or 4 at most.

In Graduate school, half the classes you take pretty much have the same people.

The main reason I'm bitching about this is because one person dropped me once the semester ended. We and another person were sociable in class, and everyone just cut off communications with me after the final grades came in. I've had other run ins with both of them at school, but they're always just "Hey, haven't seen you in a while!" interactions and we're off on our own ways. I never posted about this, but the other guy texted me about two or three months ago asking how I was and ditched that conversation after four texts. It really just hurt and made me feel that was a text meant for someone else.

Spoiler

There's also someone else that caused this complaining, but let's not go there :sparta: 

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The main reason I'm bitching about this is because one person dropped me once the semester ended. We and another person were sociable in class, and everyone just cut off communications with me after the final grades came in. I've had other run ins with both of them at school, but they're always just "Hey, haven't seen you in a while!" interactions and we're off on our own ways. I never posted about this, but the other guy texted me about two or three months ago asking how I was and ditched that conversation after four texts. It really just hurt and made me feel that was a text meant for someone else.

Reveal hidden contents

Do these people pay attention in class?

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's just weird how people can be super friendly and talkative then just ghost. This is why I'm not looking for friendships until I transfer; nothing is genuine. 

It doesn't really have to do with friendships, though -- it's basically the equivalent of work acquaintances. You'll see this a lot through school and as you enter the workforce. It's fine and cool if it goes beyond that and a genuine friendship blossoms, but one doesn't automatically lead to the other (and that's fine).

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

It doesn't really have to do with friendships, though -- it's basically the equivalent of work acquaintances. You'll see this a lot through school and as you enter the workforce. It's fine and cool if it goes beyond that and a genuine friendship blossoms, but one doesn't automatically lead to the other (and that's fine).

Having lots of friends is time consuming, I've let many friendships fizzle away because circumstances have changed. It's not that I didn't like them, it's that we weren't close enough to stay in contact.

• Like 1