Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.

It's actually not wrong, given that you get to watch a sports team again in a few months when it's football season again and movies tend to only have one chance to win an award at a particular awards show.  I fail to see what part of that post was wrong.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's actually not wrong, given that you get to watch a sports team again in a few months when it's football season again and movies tend to only have one chance to win an award at a particular awards show.  I fail to see what part of that post was wrong.

It's not about watching again. It's the hopelessness of the loss. The complete desire to avoid the news for weeks and friends from other cities. The knowledge that the title will go to someone else, probably someone you hate. My best friend called me when I was living abroad just to bitch about our team losing a final. It costed him like 52 euros.  I have seen grown (drunk) men cry. Last december :whosad:

No one is gonna cry because I, Tonya lost best costume from the Fort Wayne critics or something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I mean, the point of professional sports is basically to compete. That's the whole thing. Winning is the goal there.

Movies are made to be movies, not to compete in awards shows. The awards are cool and all, they're fun to track and it's great when films you like are awarded but end of the day, the awards aren't the be all and end all of the whole thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I mean, the point of professional sports is basically to compete. That's the whole thing. Winning is the goal there.

Movies are made to be movies, not to compete in awards shows. The awards are cool and all, they're fun to track and it's great when films you like are awarded but end of the day, the awards aren't the be all and end all of the whole thing.

And there is no end to awards. Films still get awards decades after they come out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ck5111 said:

I'm a very strange person.

Jk, everyone finds different things funny, I like dark humor... but suggesting I'm mentally ill for making a joke that you like a female user on the site isn't acceptable. 

That One Bitch always gets away with shit...

If that was someone else, they would have been banned.

A timeline of events you've done today:

-Make parody poster that photoshops my profile pic and yours onto the faces of the Call Me by Your Name poster

-Imply you have a crush on someone on this site (presumably referring to me)

-Then suddenly, I'm "That One Bitch"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Blake Bortles Facts:

He has never lost a playoff game. Players who have include Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and numerous others.

Is it weird that Jax winning makes me a little happy for a fictional character?