Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Well if that's your response then you're conceding that The Post may be the better option. :sherlock:

Well to be fair, it may end up being the better option because I can't predict Han's opinions.  He may end up thinking The Post is better than Shape of Water.  So yes it is indeed a question of the day as to whether or not it's a better option

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Well to be fair, it may end up being the better option because I can't predict Han's opinions.  He may end up thinking The Post is better than Shape of Water.  So yes it is indeed a question of the day as to whether or not it's a better option

Thank you for your cooperation and acknowledgement. :monopoly:

• Thanks 1

So here's the issue I face.  I've pretty much missed out on most of the late year releases.    I would submit ballots and lists but I feel as if I'd be short changing things by having a incomplete ballot or lists.

Welp...

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/indians/indians-removing-chief-wahoo-logo-from-game-jerseys-and-caps-starting-in-2019-season

I know, I know. By any reasonable measure it's the right thing to do and no good can come out of continuing to defend the logo in this day and age. And I know the figurative rape of my childhood is meaningless compared to its reputation now as a symbol of centuries of actual racial oppression. I still can't not be displeased that an icon I associate many happy memories with is now seen as evil by the world at large.

Edited by tribefan695

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Welp...

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/indians/indians-removing-chief-wahoo-logo-from-game-jerseys-and-caps-starting-in-2019-season

I know, I know. By any reasonable measure it's the right thing to do and no good can come out of continuing to defend the logo in this day and age. And I know the figurative rape of my childhood is meaningless compared to its reputation now as a symbol of centuries of racial oppression. I still can't not be displeased that an icon I associate many happy memories with is now seen as evil by the world at large.

I had a meeting the whole morning about a paper that covers blackface in several dances I've grown up watching during Carnival. It is a weird place to be in, but I think it pales next to the good that is done ending this kind of stuff that have only survived due to a misplaced sense of tradition.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DAR said:

So here's the issue I face.  I've pretty much missed out on most of the late year releases.    I would submit ballots and lists but I feel as if I'd be short changing things by having a incomplete ballot or lists.

If you'd like, you could copy my ballot. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Try being a Hindu for whom this is the 3rd holiest symbol designed by God

main-qimg-c82c2594b50b943f020e7b920672fe

Yeah, that's one thing that certainly comes to my mind a lot in dealing with the issue. But I don't think anyone who isn't an Indians fan had any interest in sympathizing with their perspective. If anyone made the slightest protest to the demands to get rid of it, they'd been dismissed as backward racists.

Edited by tribefan695