Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Example.

Tim doesn't respond to my text. 

I get upset and think Tim is upset with me

I ask Tim if stuff is cool

It turns out Tim was just buys and now he's upset that I thought he was upset

So, you felt ignored and lashed out...and it turned out to be over nothing...so apologize...and next time you want/need an instant response, pick up the phone and dial vs text:)...I know, I know, actually talking to the person, but that might get you the instant response you want b/c people do put down phones every now and then and if you call, you know they have, so they aren't ignoring you...

You'd probably be driven nuts by me, b/c I never have a phone on unless I need it...so folks know never to text me:)...

• Like 2

I think it was 10th standard when my friends were cheating on tests by going in teachers office and writing answers there. I didn't knew this, so, I will ask them daily what they were doing in teachers' office in morning. They will never tell me as I had an image of snitch. So, one day I started crying before them and started saying how their names were written in my diary's best friend section. I didn't have a diary. Pretty stupid. 

I remember one time in 11th grade when I was feeling particulary morose; I got up from my seat to go somewhere, and when I was walking back to my seat, I saw a crushed Cheez-it (a brand of crackers) on the ground. And I stopped in my tracks and I stared at it for a time- I think I was sad that the piece of food had been wasted and thrown on the ground. The teacher came up to me and asked what was wrong, and, unintentionally loud enough for the whole class to hear, I told her,

"A wave of depression came over me as I saw the Cheez-it on the floor."

The class laughed pretty hard at that.

"Do you want me to pick it up for you?" the teacher said in a flattered, amused tone.

"No, I'll get it," I mumbled, as I simply couldn't continue through the day until I had gotten that Cheez-it off the ground.

I think that's one of my moments of insecurity that I'll never forget.

• Haha 2

Just now, aabattery said:

I had the slides. Just kinda say what needs to be said about the content. It's easier with this kind of thing though. Just had to talk about plants and shit.

Yeah, that would be impossible in my public speaking class :lol: