Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Chewy said:

Eagles being legit is almost surreal to me considering how recent the Chip Kelly experience was

Next up, the Sixers

in a weird way, Chip made this happen.  Not giving him credit, but him destroying the team help made Howie have to build a new one, and this is what happened as a result :) 

yeah the Sixers are now a place players want to go and I would like to see them win again.  I was around for the last one so it's been a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Eagles being legit is almost surreal to me considering how recent the Chip Kelly experience was

Next up, the Sixers

The Sixers FINALLY being a playoff team again is surreal for me...it seemed like "The Process" would literally never end...maybe now the Sixers can find the same magic the Eagles did since no one in the Eastern Conference screams "Finals Shoo-In" to me...but, then they'd still have to play the Western Conference team...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

The Sixers FINALLY being a playoff team again is surreal for me...it seemed like "The Process" would literally never end...maybe now the Sixers can find the same magic the Eagles did since no one in the Eastern Conference screams "Finals Shoo-In" to me...but, then they'd still have to play the Western Conference team...

yeah, the Sixers can't beat any of the main Western teams, but hey, if they get there, that would be amazing at this point.

Bur realistically, I would like to see a 4 or 5th seed finish and a first round win.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 75Live said:

in a weird way, Chip made this happen.  Not giving him credit, but him destroying the team help made Howie have to build a new one, and this is what happened as a result :) 

yeah the Sixers are now a place players want to go and I would like to see them win again.  I was around for the last one so it's been a while.

The Flyers are also looking good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

The Flyers are also looking good. 

yeah they have some massive ups and downs though.  But they are my first Philly team and I want them to win a cup so badly

So, since sports came up today, anyone in Minnesota feeling good/bad about the Kirk Cousins deal?  Having watched him way too much the last few seasons, I don't think Minnesota is gonna get that "plus" that they are hoping for with the money they are paying out.  He seems like Sam Bradford 2.0 - able to put up amazing stats and play awesome when the stakes are low/pressure is off, but prone to go away when the moments get big or the pressure is on...although I guess he's not nearly as injury-prone...

Just now, MrGamer said:

Nah, we're at the Justice League thread level of zero tolerance. It won't be like it was. 

I wasn't here for a good portion of it but I'm sure the Justice League thread got permanently closed at one point :ph34r: