Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

But I guess sometimes you cannot blame a person fully for their beliefs especially when they are young. I have met a lot of people who were seriously nice people but were discriminatory simply because of their parents' views. Especially If you haven't lived in a rural area you don't know how things are like.

To an extent, I agree. Back when I was 11 or so and started learning about politics, I took right-wing views simply because my parents were Republicans (IE Obama is a terrible president, we need to be a country firmly in religion, gays are bad, etc). However, I started questioning why I believed that stuff not long after; of all things, the Chick Fil A controversy basically opened my eyes on more liberal views. I was also moving away from Catholicism for various reasons, and by the time I was 13, I had entirely different views than the rest of my family.

Keep in mind I started learning about what my political views and religious beliefs are at the onset of adolescence. At this college, almost everyone is 18+. By now, they should know about opposing viewpoints unless they were sheltered and/or homeschooled by their parents. Maybe at that point you've just been indoctrinated so much you can't stray away? idk

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well our experiences are definetely not the norm. Young people are usually leaning left heavily. Actually, even those who consider themselves right wings due to their family's history are usually having a liberal outlook on life, it's just how human nature is...

But yeah I am sure things are gonna be better on university for you. I found another world personally and although it was tough leaving home at first I believe it's absolutely necessary for young people to learn to live by themselves as soon possible...

This is why I want to go out of state. I'm sure I'd find more like-minded students at a Florida university, but many schools in this state aren't hard to get into, especially with community college articulation agreements that guarantee admission with an associates degree. At a more prestigious university, I would more than likely be with many students up to my level (obligatory 4.0 GPA brag). However, I'm still a little unclear about what my college path is, so this is just fantasizing :lol: 

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is why I want to go out of state.

Do it.  If you can, do it.  I was fortunate enough to move cross country four times in my life, and every time, you learn something new.  It's totally worth it, even if it's just for a year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

none of my friends you doofus

:kitschjob: 

10 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Do it.  If you can, do it.  I was fortunate enough to move cross country four times in my life, and every time, you learn something new.  It's totally worth it, even if it's just for a year.

It depends on a variety of factors. Tele and I were talking about this recently, but if I go out of state, a lot of my credits won't transfer. At a private university, that could mean another 35-40k+.

44 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I just got my 19th solo win. Imagine a box office theory fortnite squad

Not bad at all. I'm kinda bad at fortnite compared to other games due to impatience i think.. got to supreme commander on csgo, diamond sc2, top200 euw LoL, diamond overwatch.. but fortnite? Walk into traps, shot in the back, stranded out in the open...

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:kitschjob: 

It depends on a variety of factors. Tele and I were talking about this recently, but if I go out of state, a lot of my credits won't transfer. At a private university, that could mean another 35-40k+.

How is Florida’s state university system structured? Up here the local community college credits transfer to the state college system.  Lots of people do their core for cheap and then transfer up once they pick a major. Florida is a big state.  If there is a similar structure, you could always transfer to a state school to season those credits for a future out of state transfer. Or just wait to grad school.