Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Starbucks can't get out of their own way. First, the Philadelphia incident where the two black guys were arrested for just sitting. I forgave them and felt the CEO was manning up, unlike most CEO's. And they're planning on closing next month for "racial sensitivity" training or whatever. Yet now, a black guy in Los Angeles was denied the bathroom code for not making a purchase...but they gave it to the white guy before him - who didn't make a purchase either.

Do they want our business or no? I mean seriously, this shit is getting ridiculous. @WrathOfHan how's that "south is ignorant" nonsense? Last time I checked, those two cities are in the northeast and the mighty west coast. The entire US is ignorant from the New York toll booths to the Iowa cornfields to Lake Tahoe, and it's so maddening that we still treat each other this way. Starbucks better get a grip quick, I'm getting tired of defending them.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Yet now, a black guy in Los Angeles was denied the bathroom code for not making a purchase...but they gave it to the white guy before him - who didn't make a purchase either.

And what makes this worse is instead of the manager apologizing, explaining herself, or even saying "the bathroom is open now, sir", she gets defensive and kicks him out of "her" business, while the white guy - who got to pee - just stands there ready to order. They need more than "sensitivity training" or they're going to suffer. McCafe is no slouch.

12 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

So I guess Clint Eastwood can finally make a sequel to SULLY. First woman F/A-18 pilot, made a beautiful landing, etc etc

He's waiting for an opening to turn it into a bullshit conspiracy first.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

McDonald's isn't the thread -- Coffee Bean or Peet's is. 

McCafe is Starbucks' biggest competitor, even moreso than DD and KK. They'll definitely eat into them if they don't change their ways. Though I agree, more independent coffee shops should have the spotlight anyway. Downtown Charleston has 3 Starbucks' on street. It was, and still is, ridiculous.

I'm considering this a slight form of justice for Starbucks pretending like they wanted to hire me and then not doing so.

Also I take a lot of their empty giftcards because they look nice.

I wish we had small coffee shops around here, but tbh I can't expect the two (?) we do to treat me any better, honestly. I miss the Coffee Beanery when I lived in VA...

& Panera has better chai than Starbucks does. I'll see what I can get at the twee specialty grocery store instead.

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I just finished Legend of Zelda. 50 hours I put into it. The most I’ve played a video game in years. And all they gave was some slap-dash 20 second nonsense ending... I’m really upset:angry:

So every Zelda game ending ever?

It's about the journey, not the destination!

15 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

So every Zelda game ending ever?

It's about the journey, not the destination!

Skyward Sword's ending went on for what seemed like an eternity tho

And with Twilight Princess you had to wait through part of the end credits for the actual ending

Edited by cookie