Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Transformers: The Last Knight is on and I legit have no idea what is going on. But the baby robot Dinos are cute?!

Just watch out for Anthony Hopkins's robot friend, aka the best character in the franchise

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Just watch out for Anthony Hopkins's robot friend, aka the best character in the franchise

It’s like... a series of bonkers shots after bonkers shots that don’t actually link together. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

I don’t know why it took so long. I’ve really grown to hate films with a consistent aspect ratio. It’s so predictable. The scene changes and what do we get? The same boring aspect ratio. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I got a legitimate headache watching Transformers: The Last Knight. Like who thought it was a good idea to have fight sequences constantly change aspect ratio?? 

Fight sequences? Every scene had 3 different aspect ratios, even scenes where it is just 2 people talking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Fight sequences? Every scene had 3 different aspect ratios, even scenes where it is just 2 people talking.

Was it filmed in IMAX or was that just a style choice?

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Was it filmed in IMAX or was that just a style choice?

It was filmed in Digital IMAX for some scenes, but even in non IMAX theaters it has that issue. Take this simple scene with no action, the aspect ratio keeps switching with every cut

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I for the life of me don't understand what the rationale was with that.

Like, look at this scene:

In just six seconds (0:29-0:36) the aspect ratio changes five times.

• Like 2