Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

31 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Spotify is on CP time right now with the Drake album. It dropped at 12, not 12:22.

200.gif

Such BS. Everyone on Twitter and IG already posting screenshots and some are on the second half of the album and I cant even hear 20 seconds of MJ’s hook. Spotify, W-Y-D??

44 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Such BS. Everyone on Twitter and IG already posting screenshots and some are on the second half of the album and I cant even hear 20 seconds of MJ’s hook. Spotify, W-Y-D??

I gave up and had someone send me a link

Spoiler

Also... guess Pusha wasn’t lying about that baby. Messy.

Also: “Yall killed X and let Zimmerman live” nearly made me crash my car. Holy Shit Jay Z.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, mathemetrics said:

boy, that must have been a HELL of a week.  A bunch of random releases, only have seen about half the combined runtimes on all four of those new releases and don't remember them.   Does anyone remember the advertising for Lost Souls, it had a production budget of 50 million?  

Reveal hidden contents

paper towels, kerosene, rocks, nicotine, soda crackers, errors, teen angst, and revolutionized privilege.

Edited by mathemetrics

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/102698.htm

Rounding out the top five was the disappointing new cadet Soldier, starring Kurt Russell, which was court martialed by moviegoers and earned just $6.5M according to estimates. The big-budget Warners action vehicle was ambushed by critics and failed to generate much box office firepower as it averaged only $2,572 in 2,507 platoons. Soldier gave its star Russell his second-worst opening of the decade besting only the 1992 comedy clunker Captain Ron which set sail with $4.9M and docked with $22.5M. The would-be Mr. Goldie Hawn has enjoyed a consistently solid box office track record with action films over the years starring in hits like 1991's Backdraft ($77.5M domestic tally), 1994's Stargate ($71.5M), and 1996's Executive Decision ($56.7M). This time, his starpower could not open the Paul Anderson-helmed testosterone flick and long-term prospects look bleak.

Compared to projections, Pleasantville came in a notch below my $10M forecast. Soldier did not meet my $12M expectation and Apt Pupil was below my $7M forecast.

Spoiler

and then they stopped trying to make movies.

Edited by mathemetrics

1 hour ago, mathemetrics said:

and revolutionized privilege.

private school setting, mixed bag, students learn to talk back (even when feeling bad about it) and rewrite the rules on how they should be educated.  talking back excites the base of students, everyone gets a voice... well, they should.  levels out the playing field.

AA/NA meetings I think are the best you can get for leveling out a playing field and giving everyone a voice in a public surrounding.  You literally get time on a clock to show your wings and flap them (trolling?).  

*change isn't delusional or housewrecking

*doesn't have to be

Edited by mathemetrics

2 hours ago, mathemetrics said:

what would the holy water be for?

my guess would be filmlovers's making a joke about Leto being a vampire because he doesn't age.

Edited by IronJimbo

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Decision totally makes sense but I will miss them purely because I have so much nostalgia over the Winnie the Pooh films they produced in the early 2000s. I still have great memories rewatching The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie all the time as a little kid. Oddly enough I think I watched those films as much as the Pixar films (which were easily the biggest part of my childhood) and even more than most actual Disney Animation Films.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

10 hours ago, Jandrew said:

@DAR it's over. It's really over. Family Vacation was great, that was a great season. MTV hit that nostalgia perfectly. IDK if season 2 will completely hit the same magic though, apparently Deena is out and filming ended prematurely because Ronnie's girl is batshit. And apparently they didn't bring Angelina back for whatever reason. I'm hoping it's a fun ride, but we'll see.

I missed it last night.  But yeah it should only be one season.  

Part 1 of the new Drake is his most solid project.

Part 2 has the biggest decline in quality I’ve ever heard from any album. It is consistently garbage, and apparently it’s just a collection of leftover tracks that he stuck onto the album to get out of his Cash Money deal.