Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING.

SIC has won February. Legendary day in the ratings.

150 consecutive months of TVI and it all ended.

Almost entirely thanks to one sexy bad blonde bitch. All hail Cristina, the Goddess of Portuguese TV. She's the new Big Brother.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 8:48 PM, TMP said:

If it absorbs HBO Go it's probably gonna be bigger than Disney+, but honestly all these streaming services miss the point of what made Netflix work at all: consolidation of all the big cable content. Now streaming just sounds like cable 2.0; like what's the NBC streaming service gonna have outside of The Office - which most people already saw through netflix?

Companies are aware that the market can sustain only 2, 3 streaming services tops (that's info directly from an article I read somewhere). Everyone is getting into the bussiness expecting to be one of these 3 left standing.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

150 consecutive months of TVI and it all ended.

Almost entirely thanks to one sexy bad blonde bitch. All hail Cristina, the Goddess of Portuguese TV. She's the new Big Brother.

She even defeated Somos Portugal last Sunday. She cannot be stopped.

• Astonished 1

I don't know how to feel about streaming. I mean... what I know is that it destroyed the music industry in the sense that there is very little room for small artists. Singers only make bucks nowadays from touring (music-wise) and that includes even big names. In comparison, you could have some pretty decent success as a small selling artist a dew years ago.

Of cource there are differences with movies but still I feel kinda awkward about any piece of art that is displayed completely for free.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

She even defeated Somos Portugal last Sunday. She cannot be stopped.

And let's face it: the only reason SIC doesn't win every day with 23 or 24 in share is because their daytime still has a lot of fragile shows and their primetime is an audiometric catastrophe. If they put Chocolate com Pimenta at 2PM and improve the primetime shows, you'll start seeing monster dailies again :ohmygod:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

27 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I don't know how to feel about streaming. I mean... what I know is that it destroyed the music industry in the sense that there is very little room for small artists. Singers only make bucks nowadays from touring (music-wise) and that includes even big names. In comparison, you could have some pretty decent success as a small selling artist a dew years ago.

Of cource there are differences with movies but still I feel kinda awkward about any piece of art that is displayed completely for free.

The rates that streaming services are paying talent is on par with traditional studios, at least. (I can’t speak to residuals, I think those are basically bought out with a lump sum).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

@Telemachos you're a Hollywood boy. What is your most accurate celebrity sighting?

So not Tele but my best one is where I was in college and saw this girl in the elevator. Immediately fell for her and asked for a drink. Told her how much she reminded me of Alyssa Milano.

Her response "Hi I am Alyssa and no thank you on the drink."

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

So not Tele but my best one is where I was in college and saw this girl in the elevator. Immediately fell for her and asked for a drink. Told her how much she reminded me of Alyssa Milano.

Her response "Hi I am Alyssa and no thank you on the drink."

Image result for brett kavanaugh alyssa milano

• Haha 1