Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Also the most boring to watch alongside golf. 

For me it's baseball. If you take emotional connection out, majority of team sports are boring. Individual sports like tennis, badminton, are more entertaining to watch to me.

But that emotional connection is a very big thing that makes these sports this big. Also, team sports are more fun to play and also to follow due to more stats. For me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

For me it's baseball. If you take emotional connection out, majority of team sports are boring. Individual sports like tennis, badminton, are more entertaining to watch to me.

But that emotional connection is a very big thing that makes these sports this big. Also, team sports are more fun to play and also to follow due to more stats. For me.

I grew up watching and playing the real football and that's why I find it the most exciting and universally loved sport in the world. The only individual sport I like is Tennis, but I am mainly into team sport.  

The only american sport I love is Basketball, it has a lot similarities with football. In NFL I think you get to watch more advertisement than the actual sport. In europe sport means a lot more to people than in the US, where it really sometimes feels like performance.

I hate the whole franchise thing in american sports, takes the whole emotional connection and passion out of supporting a team, if they can just move around willy-nilly. 

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I hate the whole franchise thing in american sports, takes the whole emotional connection and passion out of supporting a team, if they can just move around willy-nilly. 

I think that's why college sports is so big in US. What do you think about proposed European super league?

6 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I think that's why college sports is so big in US. What do you think about proposed European super league?

i hate that too, it's too much. This sport and many more are about the underdog and the surprises, but if you put all the rich together, all it does is make them even more money and cannibalize the underdogs pool of talents and make the sport passionless. It's just the rich teams thinking they don't need anyone and are better than everyone and thus the competition will be less. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

i hate that too, it's too much. This sport and many more are about the underdog and the surprises, but if you put all the rich together, all it does is make them even more money and cannibalize the underdogs pool of talents and make the sport passionless. It's just the rich teams thinking they don't need anyone and are better than everyone and thus the competition will be less. 

I agree. Àlso CL on Sundays and leagues on weekdays idea is also awful. But I fear that in next decade it will happen. UEFA and FIFA are as corrupt as it gets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I agree. Àlso CL on Sundays and leagues on weekdays idea is also awful. But I fear that in next decade it will happen. UEFA and FIFA are as corrupt as it gets.

Did they really propose that CL games played on Sundays? They are really money hungry these corrupt SOFB. I think the viewership will drop drastically if they attempt to implement that and even lose more spectators. If we get the CL on weekends, that would be too much games on the weekend and no one will bother with that. 

There are more league games around the world and they are better of been in the weekend and the CL being the special event like League it's deserves to stay in midweek.  

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

It was all part of super league package. Supporting ajax?

So this is all to counter the super league. They are trying to ruin the sport, just so they can get their way. 

I support Chelsea, we are not in a good periode now. 

• Like 1

I do not like watching sports on a screen mostly. Better be in a stadium, at a play-field (term?),.. interact with either the players or their friends.

I do like to watch every some years some sports or whatever I am absolute not talented for.

Best is: to play yourself. Interact on the field. And never with pros, they usually lost the fun for it many levels of professionalism earlier

Just now, terrestrial said:

I do not like watching sports on a screen mostly. Better be in a stadium, at a play-field (term?),.. interact with either the players or their friends.

I do like to watch every some years some sports or whatever I am absolute not talented for.

Best is: to play yourself. Interact on the field. And never with pros, they usually lost the fun for it many levels of professionalism earlier

It can really be expensive to have a season ticket, say if you support a big team. But if your supporting a local team here in Europe, it's very rewarding to go to matches every weekend. 

So I'm on Season 2 of Code Geass and errr.... are these guys gonna fuck or not? Is it like Rizolli and Isles where it's super clear that these characters are lovers but the show just won't go that far?

Also have the comic book fanboys infested the forums for Shazam yet? Could we get a stricter ban policy in place? The fanboy infestation was part of the reason I left the forum around Aquaman's release.

I love the slow-burn tension of baseball. There are certainly times where I'd like to see a quicker pace (looking at you, regular nine-inning Red Sox/Mariners game that went over 3.5 hours yesterday), but nail-biter games keep you on the edge of your seat longer and in more tantalizing fashion than in other professional sports.

I know it's still way too early in the season to rush to any conclusions, but man alive, did the Red Sox' rotation and the Mariners' late-innings bullpen ever suck this weekend. I figured the M's would be in rough shape (they kept most of last year's rotation intact and kept a few semi-productive hitters, but they really gutted that bullpen in the flurry of trades), but it's shocking that Sale, Eovaldi, Rodriguez, and Porcello all got rocked.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tawasal said:

It can really be expensive to have a season ticket, say if you support a big team. But if your supporting a local team here in Europe, it's very rewarding to go to matches every weekend. 

its not about the money, its 1. I do not know 99.99999999999999999% of the players personally and as such wont ever interact with them, and

2. I prefered to play myself anyway :D

Exception examples I like to watch:

like if there is a quantum leap in a new performance (e.g. figure ice dancing Bolero 184), some insane goal (like in that play where the goalie shot the goal from either far away or bcs playing storm) or avoided goal action like

Named FWA Footballer of the Year for 1956, Trautmann entered football folklore with his performance in the 1956 FA Cup Final. With 17 minutes of the match remaining, Trautmann suffered a serious injury while diving at the feet of Birmingham City's Peter Murphy. Despite his injury, he continued to play, making crucial saves to preserve his team's 3–1 lead. His neck was noticeably crooked as he collected his winner's medal; three days later an X-ray revealed it to be broken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Trautmann

he did a lot to calm the hate against Germans in UK then

Hockey (naturally) and tennis are my sports of choice. Tennis because I've played it all my life and grew up playing it competitively. I have a passion for the sport that is unparalleled.

Anyone else NHL fans here?