Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Comedian was a great argument for why the OG twilight zone (mostly) kept its episodes at 30 minutes. it's just so inert. also if the whole show's gonna go for that visual style then no thanks.

It's sooooooo poorly paced. Also some of the swearing felt a bit forced, like they were doing some "not your dad's twilight zone!" stuff

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Comedian was a great argument for why the OG twilight zone (mostly) kept its episodes at 30 minutes. it's just so inert. also if the whole show's gonna go for that visual style then no thanks.

Yes. The visual style was definitely strange and not exactly great. The bloat was definitely felt with that 55 minute runtime. After a while you get the point and want them to get to the end already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yes. The visual style was definitely strange and not exactly great. The bloat was definitely felt with that 55 minute runtime. After a while you get the point and want them to get to the end already.

It feels like CBS All Access tried to make their own Black Mirror contemporary instead of brining back what made the original show so engaging, especially in regards to the inflated run-time. Makes sense that they got the San Junipero director for the first episode.

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

51iHsX6ZdtL._SY445_.jpg

58 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I knew the pacing was going to be shit when the cold open was over 10 mins. 

Peele’s gotta go to the 30 min format for season 2. Not even Serling could do the hour format during the OG series.

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

I knew the pacing was going to be shit when the cold open was over 10 mins. 

Peele’s gotta go to the 30 min format for season 2. Not even Serling could do the hour format during the OG series.

Episode 2 is 37 minutes.

EDIT: Including the credits and next episode trailer

Edited by Mulder

Okay, I'm not sure what happened, but a Dodger player just hit the ball over the wall so the Giants outfielders weren't allowed to make a play on it.

And now he's... Running the bases... Without the option of the defense to do anything about it????

What is  this sorcery?  This can't be legal, can it?

Someone get me Manfred on the phone so I can let him know about this blatant cheating and breaking of the rules by the Dodgers.