Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My easy to make Joker prophecy came true.

Everybody is gonna fap frenetically on this Joker film.

Trying Times we live in.

I was hoping people would come to their senses but no, it seems they cannot.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that's ok, we can all sort of guess what you'd say in there.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Trying Times we live in.

yeah, something like that.

• Haha 4

Hey ladies, don't try this on me.

I knew what people were gonna say on this Joker project the moment it was announced.

It s almost comical actually.

Don't invert roles.

It s not very hard to smell the cynicism bullshit of this project, how and why it is made to appeal to certain people.

Shazam! has a pure heart, this Joker thing on the other hand .. ykes.

This year, People are gonna fap on a funny book movie and call it Art, from the Dudebro Phillips guy, I really just can't ...

:rofl::hahaha:

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

"dudebro" was another one on my bingo card.

That's probably the most horrifying realization of the current paradigm, the intersectionality between

cinephiles, critics and dudebros.

They are somewhat fusionning and it s not a pretty sight.

:bagoverhead:

I just bought an iphone 7 and dont care about having no headphone jack but I just went on amazon to buy a connector and theyre £17! WTF. ($25) that is nuts. thought they would be a few quid.

what an absurd moneymaking scheme for APPL.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Hey ladies, don't try this on me.

I knew what people were gonna say on this Joker project the moment it was announced.

It s almost comical actually.

Don't invert roles.

It s not very hard to smell the cynicism bullshit of this project, how and why it is made to appeal to certain people.

Shazam! has a pure heart, this Joker thing on the other hand .. ykes.

This year, People are gonna fap on a funny book movie and call it Art, from the Dudebro Phillips guy, I really just can't ...

:rofl::hahaha:

oh no a movie studio spent their money on making a film that will appeal to an audience :(  this is the end of cinema

Trying Times we live in.

• Haha 1

That's probably the most horrifying realization of the current paradigm, the intersectionality between

cinephiles, critics and dudebros.

They are somewhat fusionning and it s not a pretty sight.

I imagine generation of critics often became one because of some movies/directors.

You had a strong generation of Tarantinesque (apparently some year's 50%+ of Sundance entry curators received were some version of reservoir dogs), a decade later we probably are quite the Nolanesque generation of commentators.

53 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I just bought an iphone 7 and dont care about having no headphone jack but I just went on amazon to buy a connector and theyre £17! WTF. ($25) that is nuts. thought they would be a few quid.

what an absurd moneymaking scheme for APPL.

Say NO to Apple, man. I've never touched an iPhone, macbook, iThis or iThat and don't plan to.

19 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Say NO to Apple, man. I've never touched an iPhone, macbook, iThis or iThat and don't plan to.

Never bought anything they made I think, but really considering it now more and more, their pay in advance for stuff you see making you the consumer model is becoming more and more interesting in a world when we tend to be the products not the consumer in today tech worlds 

Edited by Barnack

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

For the longest time, I never had an iphone, went through 5 or 6 non-Apple smartphones. The only Apple product I ever had was my 160GB iPod Classic which I've used for about 10 years and it still works great.

then when my latest phone contract expired i just wanted a small phone and only Apple makes small ones so bought the SE. Really preferred using iOS to android. So for my next phone (i dropped my iphone down the toilet and it broke) i stayed with iphone. :)

Would never buy a Mac though that'd just be stupid.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Apple is like the Disney of tech companies. Just pure evil.

Why are they evil? Because of the labour treatment? Or tax dodging? Both of which are practices all the other tech giants do.

Edited by Avatree

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

apple music is def the best music streaming service. that's my take on the matter.

What makes it better than Spotify?

I do't know why I would switch to another service although being able to use voice search would be nice (i assume you can use Siri to play apple music?)

i hate it that there still isn’t a spotify shortcut for iphone. like fuck. all i am asking is to play my favorite playlist without having to touch my iphone while i’m driving.

shortcuts is useless as of now. what a waste of a potentially great tool.

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

i hate it that there still isn’t a spotify shortcut for iphone. like fuck. all i am asking is to play my favorite playlist without having to touch my iphone while i’m driving.

shortcuts is useless as of now. what a waste of a potentially great tool.

WhaTS a shortcut?