Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

40 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Shocked.  Shocked I say (both at the "new" price point and the framing).

(part of a thread, if one truly cares)

Anyone that pays that is a complete sucker and I’ll actually have less respect for them. Amazing how Musk can’t see that all this is going to do is completely delegitimise the whole point of the blue check mark. 

I can’t wait for this whole thing to blow up in his face. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Anyone that pays that is a complete sucker and I’ll actually have less respect for them. Amazing how Musk can’t see that all this is going to do is completely delegitimise the whole point of the blue check mark. 

I can’t wait for this whole thing to blow up in his face. 

I would not pay that even if I did not have huge problems with Musk.

He has turned out to be  a first class Alpha Hotel.

He is going to find out it's really hard to get people to pay for something they have been getting for free.

And on one but a few morons and the die hard Musk fanboys buy his "Man of The People" BS.

Edited by dudalb

Top Gun: Maverick came out in May. It left the top 10 only 2 weeks ago. In its 21st weekend. What I just typed are all accurate statements of a boxoffice feat that really happened. Let that sink in.

E.T. spent 44 weekends in the box office top 10. Other unstoppable films included Top Gun (27), Titanic (26), Forrest Gump (26), Home Alone (25), Back to the Future (24), and now Top Gun: Maverick (21).

Next up is MBFGW (19), Frozen (16), and Chicago (16).

It's the only sequel on the above list and had a similar run to the first TG run from 36 years earlier.

2 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Top Gun: Maverick came out in May. It left the top 10 only 2 weeks ago. In its 21st weekend. What I just typed are all accurate statements of a boxoffice feat that really happened. Let that sink in.

E.T. spent 44 weekends in the box office top 10. Other unstoppable films included Top Gun (27), Titanic (26), Forrest Gump (26), Home Alone (25), Back to the Future (24), and now Top Gun: Maverick (21).

Next up is MBFGW (19), Frozen (16), and Chicago (16).

It's the only sequel on the above list and had a similar run to the first TG run from 36 years earlier.

29 for Titanic with its 2012 re-release. 

19 for Spider-Man: NWH including its 2022 re-release.

17 for Avatar including its 2022 re-release

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Houston should have changed pitchers much sooner - you don't let a pitcher give up 5 HRs...

This is Dusty Baker we're talking about. Amazing guy. But he's got a reputation for a reason.

Anyways, I'm gonna say I told you all so a million times.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This is Dusty Baker we're talking about. Amazing guy. But he's got a reputation for a reason.

Anyways, I'm gonna say I told you all so a million times.

It's just a mistake that is bigger than this game - if the score stays a laugher, both Phils' closers stay on deck for tomorrow...the more they don't have to pitch, the better they will be when they do...

Plus about every hitter in the Phils lineup feels good now...and after last game, they needed it.  

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's just a mistake that is bigger than this game - if the score stays a laugher, both Phils' closers stay on deck for tomorrow...the more they don't have to pitch, the better they will be when they do...

Plus about every hitter in the Phils lineup feels good now...and after last game, they needed it.  

Luckily the Astros have a bunch of dudes they can use to eat innings but yeah, not even applying any offensive pressure is gonna benefit the Phillies even more.

Everybody hates my team and soon we'll be a total laughing stock on top. Vibes are good here.

Edited by MrPink